Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Last Days

I am writing this on my very last night on Boracay Island. I'm freshly massaged by Weng after a day spent at the pool, beach, police station, and finally dinner at our favorite place "Manana's" and one last sunset sail.
By way of robbery update...I am in love with the lead investigator. I mean, they've done nothing for the case and I don't know if there's anything they can do, but he's got a killer smile and is so nice. John spent an hour or so there discussing options and after a few phone calls with the owner of Cohiba, we have come to a settlement that I think is fair for both sides. We absolutely did not want to make this situation more of a headache or cause more loss. We have truly loved our time here at Cohiba and want to keep doors open in case we want to come back. Even though the financial side is settled, my nerves are not. Night time is hard. When I think how easily someone slipped in and robbed me of valuables, I can't help but think how easily it could have been beautiful, blond, American children they were after. It makes me sick to my stomach. I have been sleeping with the lights on and double checking every door before bed. Then of course, I start at every sound. John and I have talked in depth about measures we will take on future trips to make sure everything (and everyone) is safer. By morning though, everything is better and I am less paranoid.
We will spend 2 days in Manila. Not sure what that will bring. I think it will be a nice change of scenery and quick little break before we begin the real journey...

HOME

2 comments:

heather said...

I am so sorry that happened to you! What a horrible feeling. At least you had such a great time that the whole trip isn't tainted. I hope the rest of your journey is safe!

Hayward Family said...

WOW!! What a vacation! Seriously.. Was that a month? How fun for your kids.. Good thing is that they will only remember the GOOD that came out of it! You are such a fun mom!