Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kayaking, Scuba Diving and Date Night

We had a big day on Monday. Austin has been begging to go kayaking, so we finally accommodated him in the morning. It was so much more fun than we thought and so beautiful.These pictures are so funny because Austin and Laci are paddling and Todd is chillin' in the back.
Bailey and I bonded together
And John and Adeline
So pretty!
We cruised around this fun little resort right on the water. They had man-made retention all over that looked like "small world" at Disneyland. I kept expecting to look up and see hula dancing dolls.
John and Austin were so excited by this boat's name.
Todd and Laci offered to watch the kids so we could go scuba diving. After much convincing (not) we took off, had a quiet lunch at my new favorite Mexican place and headed out.
I would love to have pictures for you, but John lost our camera in the water. Don't worry, we have 2 other cameras here, so the pictures will keep coming, but it's still unfortunate for several reasons:
1. I look rocking in the ankle to wrist wetsuit. It was so flattering. Just call me J Lo2. We both got to hold crackers and be swarmed by all kinds of fish.

3. Then we spent the next 45 minutes exploring the under water world. (Those folks at Disney that made Nemo were pretty accurate!)

We realized that that night was our last free night to do an adult date night. So we got the girl that cleans our apartment to come after her shift and sit with the kids while they slept and we went out to dinner. Laci and I decided to get dressed up in our $4 dresses. She did her hair super cute, but my hair is just a total mess in this humidity. I tried to do something with it, but it just ended up in a ponytail. It was such a great day and by the end, I was EXHAUSTED!!

5 comments:

Cami said...

Love the J Lo image!
What a great day. Kayaking looks so much fun, Kim!
And your dresses are darling.
So glad you take the time to upload and get all those pics on for us. We love it.
And, you're right. This modern technology is great. We get to IM, talk for cheap, see pics, it makes it easier. somewhat.

Tim, Shelbie, Hudson, Lex and Navy J said...

I am just getting more and more jealous of you guys so maybe I should stop looking at your blog! We miss you guys so much and are glad you are having so much fun. BTW you can get me a cute dress like yours if you really feel sorry for me!

Tim, Shelbie, Hudson, Lex and Navy J said...

I am just getting more and more jealous of you guys so maybe I should stop looking at your blog! We miss you guys so much and are glad you are having so much fun. BTW you can get me a cute dress like yours if you really feel sorry for me!

Leslie said...

Bummber about your camera! :( but like you said atleast you have others there with you! what a fun day!!!! and so much fun to get out without the kids!!! almost impossible to do when you are on a family vacation! LOL your dress is adorable!! and your hair looks just fine! mine would be a wreck also in the humidity!!! :( you look sooo beautiful!! what great memories! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a BLAST. I ran into Joanne (your Young Womens president and my young womens leader when I was little) It is a small world, she said her camp counselor was in the Philippines for a month, and I knew it was you automatically LOL She's a hoot! Have a great time, and I love reading your blog, don't worry about what your brother says.. blogs are to be read... so keep writing!