Sunday, March 7, 2010

Boracay: Sunset Sailing

As I walked with the girls on the beach the other day, I was approached by about 4 different people asking if I wanted a boat ride. "No thank you" I always say. As I walked away from one, he yelled after me "How about sunset sailing?" That got me to stop. I told him where MY cabana was down the beach and that he'd have to talk to the man in charge first. Then the man in charge would ask me what I want and I would say "I want to try sunset sailing." So looked as if sunset sailing it is!
I don't know why I got this crazy fantasy in my head about a big glamorous boat and captain in a crisp white uniform. This is what I actually got...
A tiny boat where we divide the family to balance the sides while we sit on fish net strung on poles (grrrr....that last 5 pounds). In case you didn't know... sitting on plastic netting with leftover sand in your bathing suit is quite irritating!

(check out our captain in the background)
It was still so fun and so gorgeous. All part of the experience!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

YEP! sounds like all part of the experience like you said!! LOL :) the pictures are still very pretty! :) HEY! we finally get to go on a freaking vacation the first week in May!!!!!!!! to my home state California!!! fist vacation we have taken with the kids in 4 years!!!!! WOW!! I know! we are very excited!!!

JEN MARX said...

The jealousy is setting in as I'm sitting on the couch reading your blog feeding two squirmy babies!