Monday, March 1, 2010

Boracay: Pictureless

I know, I know, you are dying for pictures. I will get them up today. For some reason it's not working now and my computer guy is at the pool with the little people.

Here is the first clue that I'm on vacation: I'm sitting here eating bbq potato chips, drinking tang and finishing it off with chocolate eggs brought from home. For real! This is junk I would never eat at home (well except the chocolate. I'm counting 4 wrappers right now. Can you believe that Dad?)

Clue #2: I'm watching a sailboat float by on dark blue water from my living room.

Clue #3: I'm half way through a book I started 2 days ago

(OOPS! 5 wrappers)

Here are some random thoughts:
I took a walk all by myself yesterday. I never once felt unsafe. It was so great. I walked to the market and spent $90! People looked at me weird. Most were just buying one or two things. I like to stock up! Plus, sunscreen cost me $35 for two! So I really didn't get that much stuff.

(6 and 7)

Bailey has been spending half the night in bed with us. I hate it, but she sleeps!

This condo where we are staying is run like a hotel, in that we have housekeeping come in every day and we can have all the fresh towels we need for bath, pool or beach. Those two things are so wonderful!

I'm sending laundry out today. It costs me $.60 for 2 pounds. I don't know how much my dirty clothes weigh, so we will see what the total is this time and decide if it's worth it for the rest of the month. Just kidding. I already know it's worth it!

We thought that trike rides were going to be so cheap. We were told that they are between $.10 and $.20, but we have been paying $1 per ride! We were talking to a local woman yesterday who told us this is because we are tourists. She pays $.15! That's a huge difference and will add up after a month. There are set rates for locals and tourists, so there's really nothing we can do about it.

The sailboat is gone now, but the kids are on the patio eating lunch and watching kite surfers. The beach right next to us is reserved for kite surfing.

I just talked to my mom. She had surgery this morning. There was a growth on her kidney that looked suspicious. It's kind of been a quiet thing in our family because we didn't know if they were going to go in, find it to be cancerous, and have to remove the whole kidney or if they could suck the thing laproscopicly and it would be nothing. Thank goodness it was the latter! She is fine and needs to lay low for while. I don't know if she knows how to do that! Just happy that all is well with her.

How big do you think Baby Lex is? I hope he's still in fetal position!

How big do think Cami is? Probably huge!

How many hours a day do you think I spend in a bathing suit? At least 12.

Lots of ants and flies. Haven't seen many other bugs or even animals for that matter.

I promise to have pictures to you soon.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Rich wants to know how John is getting along with his bidet :)

Ali said...

GLad you are having such a relaxing time. Sorry to hear that your mom had to go in for surgery. I hope everything checks out ok.