Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Addie Girl's Birthday

March 27, 2005 I gave birth to a PERFECT baby girl who has grown to a 5 year old with a lot of spunk and personality (where did it come from?) I felt a little bad that she had to celebrate her birthday here and I thought about letting the day slip by and celebrating later, but I just couldn't do it! I wanted to celebrate her birth as much as she did. We had a fun day starting at the beach, then lunch at the pool, then a special shopping trip for just the lucky mom and the birthday girl. She was so sweet and so fun and after 2 hours of shopping she said to me "All that shopping was so fun, I didn't even get tired of walking." I know, I'm totally raising her right! After dinner, I ordered a couple of these flourless chocolate cakes from our poolside restaurant. They are heaven on earth (mainly because there's as much frosting as there is cake). I found a 5 candle and we talked about a pajama party she wants to have when we get home over cake and ice cream. So glad we celebrated here!In other news, we are working with Cohiba and our home owners insurance to be reimbursed for our losses. Cohiba has really stepped up the security. They have completely blocked off the access point that was used and now have security guards walking the property all night. For some reason this doesn't make me feel that much better because we really believe that this was an inside job (I mean the property has video cameras everywhere that a night guard is supposed to be watching ALL night. We know that they caught 2 men on camera outside of our apartment at midnight and that the man above us chased 1 man away at 2:30. So these men roamed this complex for over 2 hours and no one caught on. I'm not saying that the security guard was in on it though because the more we talk to people, the more we find out that he sleeps most of his shift). So more security to me, means men in uniform walking back and forth in front of my window all night- who are they? IDK. I've lost trust.

We are moving on though and starting to wind things down here. We leave tue morn for Manila. We will spend tue and wed there and head home thur morn. And by "head home" I mean Manila to Seoul to LA to Salt Lake- again!

I only ask 2 things of Utah: Keep my Camryn Ivy small (since I have given up on Baby Lex- Thanks a lot Shel. I told you SKIM milk!) AND 70 degrees or higher. Is that too much?

2 comments:

Tim, Shelbie, Hudson, Lex and Navy J said...

Happy Birthday sweet spunky Addie! Miss her so much today. Sorry that Lex is a chunck. Seriously I tell him everyday to stop growing. I thought to myself maybe if he doesn't eat as much or as often he wont grow, Then came the thought of Child neglections so he's going to be a chunck no mattter what!

Leslie said...

AH Soooo sweet!! Happy birthday Addie!!!!! :) what a great fun way to celebrate with her!!!! and I think you will miss our 70 degree weather, :( that is happening on Monday! when you get here I believe we are having a storm! :( not sure if it's rain or snow though! suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Have a safe trip home!!!! see you soon! :)