Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Boracay: Highest Point

Not our highest point, but literally the highest point on the island, but let me start at the beginning...
You saw those pool pictures and our overcast day we woke up to. The kids were too cold in the pool (we seriously needed a hot tub Dad!), so we decided to check out the island. By the way, this is one reason we wanted to come for so long; we weren't sad or mad it was a little cold (sorry all, by cold I mean 75) because we knew we had many, many warm days ahead of us. So we just changed our plans for the day.
We walked out of our complex and started walking in direction we'd never been. After about 10 or 15 minutes of really rickety homes, scrawny chickens and cows and a couple pigs, we came to a little soda stand with a sign that said "highest point on the island" and an arrow. Cool, just the sort o adventure we were looking for. They said it was a 3 story climb, but I don't think it was even that much.
I hate that these pictures are so out of focus. We will have to do it again and get better ones.
The steps were concrete, but the walkways were a bit less stable (again wished I'd lost that 5 pounds) Bailey is making sure her Cinderella polly pocket is in the picture. She carried it around all day.
So I was mad (ok, not really) because I wanted John to do a kiss picture with me, but he wouldn't. That's why I am trying to cuddle up to him and he's acting way too cool for me.
Self-portrait: Not so great

No comments: