Friday, March 27, 2009

Deceit to see David

Last night my mom, my sister Cami, my sister-in-law Shelbie and I really worked some magic! We had the inside scoop that David Archuleta was going to be singing at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's weekly practice. My cousin, Summer Thacker, is his stylist and was invited as his special guest and sing with the Mo Tab!!
The choir has private practice from 7:25-8, then they open to the public. We had the feeling that all the good stuff would be going on during the private part. So, when no one was looking, we all snuck into the conference center auditorium. We sat at the very top until we felt confident enough to walk down to the ground level. While sitting down there, David sang "Be Still My Soul" for the choir. Unfortunately, he wasn't facing us, but I still videoed it and got his amazing voice. We all agreed his voice in like melted milk chocolate that you just want to back stroke in all day and night. Just listen to the video. I did a horrid job of filming because I was trying to watch in real life and not through my camera. Not mention, I just had my little "point and shoot" camera (not that I have a nicer one at home), so the quality is pretty bad. Enjoy the music though. (I even lost him at one point, then thought I found him again, but didn't!! HAHA Sorry.)

I should've filmed the whole song, but I was so wrapped up in the moment that I wanted to put my camera away and just be there.
After he sang, I got a little gutsy. There were people wandering back and forth right in front of the choir during the whole thing, so I asked a guy sitting by a rope that blocked us from the very front (where the Quorum of the 12 sit during conference) if I could go up and get some pictures of my cousin and her husband singing with the choir. He said "Sure, I don't care." So I acted like I was someone important and walked right up there.
Again, my camera isn't great, the lighting wasn't great and I had to zoom, so the pictures are pretty bad (sorry Summer!), but at least I got it documented.
Summer's husband Bryan is the dark, curly, handsome one in the middle.
Summer is the cute blond in the middle, showing off her vocal skills!
Once I was done taking pictures, I sat myself down right at the feet of the choir and listened. At one point, the spirit hit me so hard in the chest and I realized what a neat experience this really was. I had to take a quick video to show how close I was.

After the choir practice we were able to snap a quick shot with Mr. Archuleta. He's a short little guy!When all was said and done, we had to feed our adrenaline rush from sneaking around the conference center, so we headed to Iggy's for chips and salsa and dessert!


Thanks for the fun night ladies. I felt like I was 18 again (and don't I look just the same?)

7 comments:

JEN MARX said...

wow...that really was beautiful. I should have gone...bummer!!!

Jami said...

You sneaky little devil...that was amazing! and you could totally pass for eighteen!

Leslie said...

AHHHHHHHH! I am soooo jealous!!!! I LOVE David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his voice!! how wonderful it must be to have a talent like that!!!? he is amazing!!!!!!! I wish I had gotten to meet him!!!:( I would have been like a little teenager!! I am so glad you got to and had such a great experience!! :)

UsdailyReader said...

I ma so thankful you were there and took pics as well as recorded David singing one of my favorite songs!!!! Thanks for your tanacity!!!

heather said...

Jealous. That was awesome.

Nicole said...

That is awesome! I love it!

Hayward Family said...

WOW!! That's awesome!! His voice is AMAZING!! GREAT Audio!!