Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Way Laundry Goes

While I watched American Idol tonight, I folded 5 loads of laundry and had to laugh about what I was folding. The norm for Bailey since I can still dress her. Two pairs of pants and a basketball outfit of Austin's that are too small. 10 pairs of Austin's socks (now that the weather is nice, he plays in the sand box before and after school and doesn't like sandy socks). 5 pairs of my socks (I only wear socks to work out) and every sports bra I own. I'm killing myself to lose these last 10 pounds! 1 pair of John pants. He wears the same pair for several days in a row. And here's where I really started to laugh...2 pairs of Addie undies (this is 5 days worth of clothes), 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts that don't match any of the pants, 3 pairs of tights, one skirt, 4 pairs of socks, and all the jammies she owns!
One another note, this is how I do laundry...I have to do all of it in one day. None of this "a load a day" thing. I usually pick a night when there is something good on tv. I do loads through out the day and the clean clothes pile on the family room floor until the kids are in bed. Then I get to "relax" and fold. Each child has a row, pajamas are at the top of each row and it goes down to shirts. In front of me is mine and John's stuff. Spread on the couch are my shirts that need to be hung up and on the ottoman behind me are John's shirts to be hung. My towels are rolled. It is all put away before I go to bed or as soon as I wake up.
Do you think my posterity will find this interesting?

5 comments:

Jayme said...

I love this!!! That is exactly how I do the laundry too. I used to save it all for the day The Bachelor was on, but now I do it on American Idol day. In fact, I was doing my laundry last night too!!

Harmony said...

I fold my laundry like that too! Jon asks why I don't just pile it all up in one pile. I told him if he had to put away four people's laundry he would understand truly how much easier it is to separate the types of clothes and not just who they belong too! :)

Cami said...

LOVE Addie! And John's one pair of pants! I will have to notice next time what I am actually folding, that could be interesting. BTW, I lost 2 1/2, not 3 1/2 - I wish there was that extra pound. So far, it is stayed off. Yesterday was so-so, today will be good!

Leslie said...

I fold my laundry outfront and put it all on the back of our couch till I hang it all!! I HATE HATE doing laundry!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially folding and hanging it all!!!!! doing it for 4 boys and myself and Andy just SUCKS!!!!!!!! I have to do it every other day just to stay up on it other wise it piles and piles up and I get further and further behind to where we have no more garments or socks!! lol!! You look like you have it all down to a system.

heather said...

I do it some what the same way, except for you are way to organized for me. It would probably go better if I did it that way. I do all of my laundry in one day and usually fold and put it away as it comes out of the dryer. But as of late, it waits until I feel like folding it, usually a few days later. You are super mom.