Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Inspired St. Patricks Day

Thank goodness I am surrounded by amazing women!
When Austin came downstairs in a green shirt this morning, I had to check the calender to see if it really was that mid march "holiday." Yup, today's the day and I have done NOTHING!!! Not that I think I should be doing major prep work for this day, but I wanted to do SOMETHING.
My mom always made a green dinner for us. So tonight we had green rice, peas, chicken cooked in a green sauce (I make this super simple white sauce that my family loves. It's just broth- I used beef tonight, but usually use chicken- and cream cheese. It's always a hit), and green breadsticks. Thanks for the tradition mom!

A leprechaun always visits my sister Cami's house. She always does it way cuter, but here is my effort... When the kids came in from playing outside, there was a trail of candy...

(notice the trail behind them) They were lead to their room where they found green peanut butter cups and new spring jammies.
To top off the night, Mr. Leprechaun colored the girls bath green. Thanks Janice for that one!
That just about wraps up our stolen St. Patricks day. In the end, I probably did more then the day deserves and am guessing I'm stuck with a tradition now, but the smiles are priceless.

7 comments:

Cami said...

How is that less cute than mine? Where did you find green pb cups? And, ya, you have a tradition on your hands. At least I never started actual gifts! But, the spring pjs is a cute idea, and they need them anyway, right?

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Hey it turned out cute. How did you make your bath green? did the girls turn green too?

Harmony said...

So fun. My mom always made us a green breakfast. So now we enjoy clover pancakes and green eggs and green grapes. Our kids have fun too. I have an AWESOME idea (if I do say so myself0 for next year. I just thought of it yesterday. Hope I can remember it when the holiday comes around again! :)

Jami said...

Wow, I'm impressed. That looks really fun. I'd love to know about the green bath too :)

Leslie said...

Yes, you are very much more creative then I am!!!!! you did great!!! love the pictures and such great ideas!!!!! good job mom!! Oh and I finally start "my" HCG diet next Monday! :)

Janice said...

you are such a good mom! love the green bath! How do you do your chicken exactly... it sounds really good!

Hayward Family said...

You are the cutest mom EVER!! P.S. I won't be at dance tomorrow.. My hubby is taking me on a weekend getaway for my birthday! ;) WooHoo!!