Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Real Life Cleanse

As you know, I did a 14 day cleanse last month and was not thrilled with it. So I did a little research and was not totally excited by what I found.
The Master Cleanse seems to be a big one going around. If you're not familiar with it, for 10 days you put nothing in your body except "the master cleanse lemonade." Don't let the name fool you. This "lemonade" recipe is:
8 oz. water
2 t. lemon juice
2 t. grade B maple syrup
1/10 t. cayenne pepper
That, and only that, for 10 days? Not for me!!
My friend Joanna has some digestive problems and told me she likes to take a day and only eat apples. Since they are so high in fiber, they act as a natural cleanser. This idea got my mind working and with the help of my sister, we came up with our very own personal cleanse that fit, not only our lifestyles, but our will power.

So here is our Real Life Cleanse...
My friend Harmony recommended the Slim Quick Cleanse. This is a 7 day supply of pills that you can get at Wal-mart for $15



I started with this and nothing different for the first 3 days. Day 4 I ate only apples and my modified version of the master cleanse lemonade. I doubled the water and halved the cayenne pepper. This made it less spicy and a little better tasting. The day went well. In total I had 4 apples and 2 lemonades. By about 8 or 9 that night though, I was pretty hungry, but I knew this was only for a day and in the morning I could eat my normal breakfast (berries and yogurt). So I embraced my hunger and went to bed a little early.
Day 5 I ate normal, but having survived day 4 and not wanting to have done it for nothing, I was motivated to eat even better. Day 6 I did my apple/lemonade diet, but had some steamed veggies for dinner to avoid my night time misery. Day 7 normal and I took it to day 8 and did the apple/lemonade thing again until Cami and I went to Rumbi for dinner and build your own yogurt sundae for dessert. YUM!


By the end of the week, I had lost 3 1/2 pounds and have kept it off this week. Cami lost 3 1/2 pounds too!
I dare anyone of you to try it and let me know how it goes.


5 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm glad the cleanse kind of worked for you. I cut out almost all my carbs and just let myself have one 100% whole wheat serving a day. Tons and TONS of veggies and fruits and tons and TONS of water!

Jami said...

Way to go, woman! That's amazing. I tried one once with a veg soup and....I barely made it three days. It totally scarred me and I've never tried again, because apparently I have a very emotional relationship with food. I'm so glad you had a good experience with it.

Shannon said...

I can't do it...That only eating a certain thing all day kills me...It just makes me want to eat everything BUT that. Good for you though...that is awesome.

Janice said...

yikes girl... you are freaking me out right now with all this! good luck though ;)

Jay and JoAnn said...

Not on Your life! I determined not to go up one more size but I've feeling content with "MY SIZE". I just feel that if I start to exercise, watch my calories and eat healthy, I'll lose weight. I haven't tried it for several years but I think it will work for me. I'll keep you posted. I did go for a walk after work the other night, it was so nice.