Saturday, March 14, 2009

AUSTRALIA!

I know, I am SO behind on pop culture. I can barely keep up with laundry, please don't expect me to keep up with music, movies, or fashion.
I'm sure I'm about the last of you to see this movie, but I still wanted to blog about it. I'm very very close to saying "the best movie ever." It is now way up there on my favorites list. If you have not seen it yet, please make a trip to Red Box NOW!!!
Nicole Kidman is beautiful and classic. Hugh Jackman is the sensitive gruff. He helps her save her dead husbands dying cattle business in Australia (she's from England) and of course, they fall in love (I'm not giving away anything important here). It's such a nice love story about change and sacrifice for love.
However, there are two love stories in this movie. Nicole Kidman (who is unable to have children of her own) falls in love with this precious little boy Nullah (played by Brandon Walters). Through the movie you see her heart change from an aristocratic business woman to a mother, where suddenly there is meaning to what she is doing and someone to fight for. One of my favorite lines from the movie says something to the effect of "You have nothing if you don't have love in your heart."
The scenery is stunning, the portrayal of the aborigines is endearing, the story is heart-wrenching, the costumes are perfect and the acting is flawless (a completely unprofessional opinion).
I love this movie!

PS There's action too! John really enjoyed it. AND it's rated PG!!

3 comments:

heather said...

I also loved it, however I thought they could have left out the shock factor in the bar scene of "the word." It would have been perfect if not for that. I did love it though.

Hayward Family said...

YAY! I love good ratings from ACTUAL PEOPLE you know!! I will Netflix this one next FOR SURE!! I'm always looking for a good movie that both Collin and I will enjoy! Thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY one of the BEST i have seen in a long time as well. BRILLIANT!!!