Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's only Wednesday? And it's still January? Part 3

My title is moot now, sorry.
First: A Disclaimer. As I compared you to the months of the year, it had nothing to do with the order of my favorites. As a matter of fact, the man I have chosen to spend all my life with is a January. Also, some correspond to your birthday and some do not. This is purely my personality comparison. As I started the task of getting this out of my head, I started with myself, moved to John, my kids, my parents, and so on. When I finished I realized I had 12 and each a different month. If you know me, you know I love all seasons. I am always sad to see one go and thrilled to see one begin. I found it interesting that I have surrounded myself with people who bring me happiness from all ends of the spectrum. I do have a few others who I love and am close to in my head, but that will come out another day. If you want one for yourself and think I know you well enough, just ask. Or if you can place yourself, I'd love to here about it!
These are my thoughts...

John is January. He is simple and doesn't need all the fluff. As January provides a white sheet of snow and bare trees, John only needs a white sheet and a bare...you know...me! January is cold, but if you take the time, you learn to love it and discover that there are so many wonderful things that it has to offer. John may come off cold at first, but once you get to know him, you realize he is a warm mush ball with more to offer than you thought possible and you don't need all the bells and whistles to be in love.


Adeline, my first little girl. Born in March, but I had to move her to February, the month of Valentines. You never know what to expect in February or with Adeline. Sometimes they are wonder filled as you discover love and happiness. Sometimes they are frustrating as you have love to give and can't find anyone lovable. One things for sure, February and Addie come in full force and will not let the big holidays over shadow them. Both can melt the snow with their touch. However, the snow doesn't need to be melted to have fun and be silly. By the time February rolls around, you are dressing for comfort. Adeline only dresses for comfort by staying in her jammies most days. February and Adeline make you excited for the future, happy for the past and content in the present.



Charis Thatcher, my friend that I always feel connected to no matter how apart we are. Charis is my March. March works hard, but gets little credit for the blooms of April and May. I've never met a harder worker than Charis. She is amazing to me. Just the thought of March and Charis warms me up and excites me for what's to come. Charis's long brown hair reminds me of the newly exposed soil of March. What is under there? It's wonderful and if you wait to see, you will sit in awe. March and Charis are teasers. They are not what they seem. Charis is almost too beautiful to be so intelligent, March is almost too cold to get warm, but somehow, it's all so! I long for March (especially now) and for Charis.

Kimberly is April, of course. Born April 16th, I love the wide variations of weather and can sometimes be hot and cold myself. Sunshine makes you want to have fun and be happy. I hope I do that for you too! My yellow personality forces me to choose fun first and that's all you want to do in April when the sun is finally shining and you are restless from the winter




Bailey, my baby. Born April 27th, but due in May, which I think is correct. Bailey and May are unarguably gorgeous, yet a little finicky. You can't plant until the end of May because you never know about the weather. Sometimes it seems just when you say "This is such a warm May," it turns cold on you. This is Bailey, just when you think you did everything right to bring happiness, she turns on you and can be cold. Even with the cold days, you are so stunned by the warmth and beauty and new found fun that May and Bailey have to offer that the frost is quickly forgotten and you are left with a smile.

Judy, Grandma JuJu and Mom is June. You're infected quickly and easily with happiness as the warmth of my mom and June greet you. Although, it's not too warm that it's uncomfortable, it's just right and you can sit contentedly in their presence. There is beauty all around. No matter how many years go by June and Judy, continue to be beautiful. I think it's all the light!

Cami, my sister, is July which works out nice since she was born July 19th. Everyone loves July and Cami. What's not to love? They are fun, beautiful and bright. They energize you and make you want to be better. There is order and precision in the way things grow in July and in the way Cami runs her family and life. So with all this perfection, why would July get down and rain? Why would Cami get down on herself? I don't have answers to these questions. However, as the July rain cleanses, cools and offers relief, Cami has offered to me and countless others in countless ways, countless times. She cleanses (although I'm not talking about her home and family, it applies here too) and offers relief. I would be sad without Cami and July.

Jonn, Papa, and Dad is August. Being born August 12th suites him perfectly. Nothing comes warmer than August and my dad. He is a beach bum at heart and the heat pushes him to the water where he is happiest. But school is starting soon and being studious has to come before playing! As we go back to school in the heat of August, Papa neatly stores his flippers and gets back to work. Although the sunshine is strong, there are priorities and duties that must be taken care of. Did I mention the warmth? It's always there, weather working hard or playing hard. One's things for sure, it's all been well planned!



Nicole Goggins, we are the women behind the men (our husbands are business partners). I have matched Nicole to September. Not only because she looks like she should live in the fall all her life, but because she is strong and ready for the winter ahead. She doesn't take the easy path, like September leading us to winter. It's not easy, but it's right! September is still close enough to summer that the yummy eats are still around, plus the fall yums are coming quick. Nicole gives you the best of both worlds (not only because she's a great cook), she has the sweetness of summer and the spark of fall. September and Nicole are my fiery red-headed friends.

Michelle Jolley, my best friend since college. Michelle was born October 17th and I found October to be her month. Michelle is party planner extraordinaire. Since October is the start of all the holiday parties, Michelle is an October must have! And Oh! The colors. There is never a dull moment in October or with Michelle. Michelle is the perfect balance of the immaturity of summer and maturity of winter. She can play all day and work all night or vice versa. I don't know how she has so much fun and gets so much done. This is October to me...still all the fun of nice weather, but working to prepare for the holidays and the winter ahead. Sometimes my breath is taken by the changing trees and by Michelle. They are both beautiful and both provide yummy food!

Austin, my first born and only son. Born November 12th was just the right start for Austin's life. November is the month of one of the most easy going, yet enjoyable holidays. November and Austin have never been hard. They are pure joy. Both have made me fat! November and Austin want to be warm in a cooling world. Like Austin's eyes, you can get lost in November's leaves. They are both exciting and relaxing at the same time. With Austin and November, you are so sad for what is gone and never coming back, but you are so thrilled for what lays ahead.





Dana Deluca, my friend from before we had kids, is my December. Dana and I are diet buddies who love junk food, so she naturally fit with the month of never ending sugar and treats. December and Dana are joy and peace in a cold snowy world. No matter how awful the weather in December gets and how awful the weather in Dana's life gets (and it's been bad), they both offer strength and hope. How do they do it? It's the spirit within. Dana has well endured many trials that would have sent me crying to my mom. Yet, she is ever happy and spreads that to all. December and Dana can weather any storm with a smile.
Thanks for letting me plug into my creative outlet today and for endulging me in it. Sometimes I have to get things out of mind so I can rest. I will sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I didn't even talk to you today, but this was worth the wait. Man, you are creative to even come up with this idea. I loved reading all of them. I thought, Austin's is my favorite, but I really liked Dana's too. Then I remembered Dad's and Johns...okay, you get the point. And enough with the compliments, I am not worthy. But, it's nice to hear still! Love you - let's send the boys to the game on saturday and do something fun!

Hayward Family said...

That was a really cute post!! You are so creative! My writing gets boring at times, but you keep me interested!! Good job! :)