Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008...a little late!

This Christmas was so great. Christmas Eve we played games at my mom's. Then we left my mom with a mess and everyone came to our house to ice skate. John's brother, Steve, his wife, Emily and their cute baby Tyler, were all here. My brothers Todd and Jonny and sister Cara all slept over and my parents came up for Christmas morn...
John got new shoes

A Christmas morning picture of each of the kiddos...


Unfortunately, I only have pictures of the morning. Santa delivered and all were happy with their spoils! After breakfast and a little rest, we headed to a nursing home in Provo where my cousin's husband lives. My mom got a gift for him and we brought some general things to help out the home and nursing staff. It was so sad to see the lonely, sick people. It warmed me to be surrounded by so many people that I love. I am so thankful to not be alone in this world.
Afterwards, we headed to my Aunt Joann's and Uncle Jay's (my mom's brother) home in Provo for dinner. It was so fun to visit with them. Joann and I were very close while my parents were in Costa Rica. I love their family so much and always love to spend time in their home. I also love to catch up with my cousin Amber who lives here in the winter.
We really missed my cousin Cyndi (in Mississippi), my sister Cami (with her in-laws in Colorado) and my brother Tim (with his in-laws in Kanab). Besides missing our family we love so much, everything else was just perfect!



This Christmas was so great. Christmas Eve we played games at my mom's. Then we left my mom with a mess and everyone came to our house to ice skate. John's brother, Steve, his wife, Emily and their cute baby Tyler, were all here. My brothers Todd and Jonny and sister Cara all slept over and my parents came up for Christmas morn...

3 comments:

Harmony said...

I love reading about everyone's Christmas'! I want to start doing something like visiting a hospital or nursing home on Christmas. Now that my little guy is getting a little older I think it would be a great lesson to share :)

Oh, and I totally want to come skating!

Nicole said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! So sad its over...

Hayward Family said...

Dang cute posts!! Christmas morning looks like fun! Those are the BEST fliccs!! I've been a little MIA, so I had to catch up.. You are SUCH A sweet mom!! Your kids will always cherish your sweet letters to them!! Ice Skating?? Uh, where is the invite!! I would TOTALLY LOVE to rock the rink!!