Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's only Wednesday? And it's still January? Part 1

This whole month has gone be SO slow for me. As the final week of the month creeps on, here is what I have been brought to...
As of 5 days ago, I am on a strict 1200 calorie a day diet (need to loose 15 pounds before summer). And my workouts have nearly doubled. With that in mind, here was my day yesterday...
Wake up 8 am. All the kids still in bed. Scriptures and prayer in silence. Phone call as I say Amen and gab as I cut up half an apple and have a glass of water before my workout. By now, kids are up and hungry. Put off workout to feed my children (OH! the sacrifice of a mother). After breakfast and a couple books read (so I don't feel guilty for what is coming) I park the kiddos in front of the tv and spend the next 55 minutes (WOO-HOO) on the treadmill. Between reading "In the Eye of the Storm" and running to Shania Twain (so 1994), it goes by fast. Off, shower, start cleaning and laundry. Austin off to school, Bailey down for a nap, house is clean! Adeline and I off for some errands, and her dance class (the highlight of my day). Home, Bailey's up, Austin's home from school, change laundry. Make dinner one handed with Bailey on my hip, Addie on the counter to "help" and Austin sitting at the table reading to me (HEAVEN!). John is helping with the pinewood derby, I am going to a breadmaking class, so dinner gets half cleaned up, John is dropped off at the church, my kids are dropped off at my saintly sisters house, the car back to John at the church and my ride picks me up there. Fun bread class, learn a lot, can't wait to try it out. They make lots of yummy looking things! I put a mint in my mouth and turn away. Home at 10pm. Kiss my kids in their beds. Finish cleaning up dinner with my recorded "Biggest Loser" on, then fold the 5 loads of laundry that was sitting on the family room floor. It's now midnight. I FINALLY crawl into bed and just lay there. Why am I not out the second my head hits the pillow?
This late night thinking brought me to this conculsion...


...Look at this now. It's taken me three different sittings through out the day to finish this post. I started at 9am, got back at it at 4:30 and now it's almost 11 and I will finish my very interesting, late night thoughts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Now we're all in suspense, so you better have a less busy day tomorrow so you can blog about it - or I might just have to call you and find out for myself! Sorry you've had a crazy week already. I hate those weeks, aren't they supposed to fly by, rather than creep?

Hayward Family said...

WOW! You are a busy girl!! 1200 calories a day? That doesn't seem very healthy! You are a brave girl! Moving on the post #2...