Monday, January 19, 2009

Laser Hair Removal

I just got back from my 5th session of laser hair removal. My good friend Mykin has a business and gave me a great deal, so I decided to just do my whole body!
I always forget to get a picture of us doing it. Maybe if I have to go in for a 6th session I'll remember, but I'm always preoccupied with the pain that I'm in for! For some reason, I went to my first session thinking that this was a pain free way to remove your hair permanently! After the first few zaps and a scream at Mykin "What the heck are you doing to me." I realized that I was really in for it! Mykin and I were trying to come up with ways to describe the pain tonight...a hot, serrated knife being dragged over your skin was the best we came up with. But we also compared it to child birth...lots and lots of pain, but TOTALLY worth it! So as I sit here with most of my body on fire, I have to think of this shave free summer and many to come! Thanks Mykin!

9 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm totally jealous!

Hayward Family said...

WOW!! I need that! haha.. How much would just my face cost? I'm defenitely becoming more MANLY as I get older! lol..

Stacy said...

I have done 4 sessions with Mykin, and I am so loving it! I still have hair, and as soon as I have my babies, I will finish my last 1-2 sessions. It is pretty painful, but it is so worth not having to shave my whole body. Just think of all the time we save now! Not to mention money on nice razors that won't give you razor burn!

Cyndi said...

Which part of the body hurts the worse? Armpit, chin, thighs, bikini area? You did say whole body?

Is it compared to childbirth as:
A) Addie's delivery
or
B) Bailey's delivery
(big difference here).

I am laughing because I would have thought it would be painless, too. You are so brave. You and your silky legs will have the best summer!

Leslie said...

I did not know that Mykin did that?? maybe I should look into it! but I am also not up to being in pain!!! you did your whole body you said???? HMMM so other areas, are they pretty sore too? sounds like it. I am jealous!! maybe! lol

Leslie said...

OH ya Kim, I think you should have taken a before picture and after picture!!!!!! I don't know about the whole body shot, but of your legs or something. HA lol!!

Nicole said...

I've been wanting to do that. Does it really work? No more hair??

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

Even with the pain i am still jealous. Glad you stuck it through beauty is pain.

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

Haha! Love you. I know, deep down inside, the coupons are calling your name :)
Maybe you could pay me to do it so I could get the laser removal done too LOL!
Oh wait . . . that's after the house, the adoptions, the couches . . . lol