Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good to Know

Quite often I find that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed (and YES- I have my finger and my thumb in the shape of an L on my forehead).
I thought I was being so smart and efficient by making a crock pot dinner because I had a busy day, then a Halloween party at night. At 4:45 I checked my concoction and wasn't feeling great about the tenderness of the carrots and potatoes. Knowing we needed to eat in the next 30 minutes, I wanted to be sure it would be done so we could get into Halloween costumes in time for the party. I figured I would transfer my stew to a pot and boil it on the stove. That's much quicker! As I pulled the pot out of the crock, I had a thought "Why can't I just put THIS pot on the stove and save myself the hassle of cleaning another pot?"
This is why not...
I heard a big crack just a minute after my bright idea, so I slide the pot off the burner. Deciding to just buck up and poor it into a real pot, I lifted it, not knowing that the crack was the sound of the bottom detaching itself. So here's what I got for lifting it...
So much for my time saver! after my 45 minute clean up- late for dinner and late for the party. All survived and obviously I wasn't so torn up that I couldn't snap a few pics of my stupidity. I'm sure you all knew this, but ceramic pots and stoves are a NO NO. Log that one away.

9 comments:

Devri said...

LOL you poor thing. I'm sorry! That is so something that would happen to me. It looks yummy though! :-)

Megan said...

That sucks!!! Why does stuff like that ALWAYS happen when you are in a hurry???

Harmony said...

That's what you get for trying to be on top of things! You're soup looks like it would have been super tasty :)

Leslie said...

It looked good!! crap!! what a mess!!!!! Just my luck i would have done something like that.

JEN MARX said...

That's awesome! Glad you made me aware because it sounded like a reasonable thing to do! I probably would have done the same thing! =) Glad you're back from CA and that you had fun!!! =)

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh! That is something I would totally do so it's sorta nice to see someone else do it for a change! Sorry about your stew.:(

bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

LOL! That is AWESOME!

Heidi said...

On Halloween I went to my Mom's and I started telling her about your stew, perfect timing because she was about to put her chili up on her stove (in the crock pot pot). So, your sad experience saved the day!