Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Crazy Cat Lady

UHHH...that's me! So as I've blogged about before, we kind of adopted a stray cat. It really is the very sweetest cat I have ever known. Because of this, we have become more loose in our rules (meaning- we let in in the house a little now). We noticed the other day that it's belly was extra saggy. I just figured we hadn't noticed before and I felt her pain, also having extra flab due to child birth. Then today, I was walking out the door to a friends house for an in between confernce sessions social (John and the kids had left a few minutes before me) and the cat was laying on the porch with a nursing baby! It was about the cutest little ball of fur ever. It was totally shivering, so I put it in my shirt (this is where the crazy cat lady thing comes in) and took it with me. I knew the cat goes between our house and our neighbors house a lot, and figuring that this cat had to have had more than one baby, I took it to the neighbors to see if she would lead me to more freezing babies. I set her down and watched her walk. She went out of my sight, the came back, meowing at me. So I followed. By the time I got to where she had gone, I couldn't see her. Then she stuck her head up from some bushes and meowed at me again. I followed her into the bushes and found three more babies! So, because of my crazy cattiness, I really think she brought one baby up to show that she had babies, then lead me to her other babies! They are now nice and warm in a little box with an old towel by our back door. Not only do I feel like a good samaritain, but it makes me feel young again. I have always had a soft spot for cats and loved to cuddle and play with them as a little girl (and by play, I mean dressing them up and letting them sleep in my bed).

This is the first one we found. Austin named it Sonic
So cute! I think they are only about a week or 10 days old
Here's the whole family. We have named them Sonic, Charlie, Tinkerbell and Shadow
Their new, warm home for now
Don't you feel like this sometimes? Three kids eating from you and one climbing on top!
By the way, in about a month, these cats are up for adoption. They will be so sweet and kind as they are being handled by children a lot now and will be used to it!

8 comments:

Andrea J said...

Oh, I'm glad you're taking care of them too. Good luck finding them good homes.

Devry said...

i don't even like cats, but those kitties are pretty cute. good for you.

Ali said...

I love little kittens. I bet your kids are in heaven!

Harmony said...

Kim, Kim, Kim, didn't your mother ever tell you not to bring stray animals home? I think it's great what you did. It will teach your kids compassion and let them remember the time they DID get to bring in a stray :)

Leslie said...

OH!! how sweet is that!!! I love cats!! I have been around them my entire life!!! those kittens are just adorable!!! I wish we could take one but we have 1 cat already and among lizards and 4 boys and a husband!!! my hands are full!! lol! I love the story how she showed you where her babies were! I had a cat in highschool and she was a bit of a "SLUT" lol so we had to get her fixed eventually but it was fun watching her give birth to her litters!! the sad part was giving the babies away, as you're kids will be sad when that day comes, you may have to compromise with them and keep 1 of them!! ha!! good luck!! =) OH ya, I used to dress my cats up also as a kid in my doll clothes! they are soooo manentance free!! and loveable!! the joys of caats!

Stacy said...

oh so cute! I love cats...maybe I can convince Nick to let us have another one....

Leslie said...

They look like they are closer to 2-3 weeks old. Who knows??

Hayward Family said...

KIM!! I LOVE YOU! You are so sweet!! I'm sorry, but I am allergic to cats, or else I would adopt for sure! They look so sweet! I must have been MIA for a long time because I haven't seen most of your recent posts!! I miss you and Shelbie at class!! xoxoxo