Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween Post

I haven't kept up on posting our Halloween doings, so here it is all in one shot...

A few weeks ago Cami and I took our kids to Vineyard Pumpkin patch. I didn't get any pictures of the boys because they just ran through everything and had such a blast.
Clay, Bailey and Cami part of the jack-o-lantern Addie going down the big blow up slide
This week for FHE we craved pumpkins. Austin is awesome and does it ALL himself. He loves it.
Adeline wanted a care bear one. How do you do that? I'm not artistic, so a big smile a heart nose later, we've got a happy girl! I did this one and I HATE to clean them out, so I did a very mediocre job of that.
Austin with his creation
On the front porch
The next night we went to my parents ward Halloween party (the party we were late to due to my stew tragedy)
Captain Hook
Clay was a skunk. It was so cute!
Peter Pan. Didn't get a picture of Tinker Bell for some reason.
My parents are awesome and always dress up. This year they were Hawaiian tourists
Pretty cute!
Cami and Brandon are also less bah-humbug than we are, so they dressed up too. Groovy...
My little brother Jonny and his friend Chaz are dressed up, just not sure what they are. 80s? At least they look funny.
They had a cute little program. The drama teacher of the ward told a funny Halloween story. Bailey sat on Papa's lap to listen to it.
Addie, Koby and Austin doing the cake walk. Funny side story- John was telling me about the cake walk at our ward Halloween party (which I missed since I was in California) and was describing "this game where they have numbers on the ground and they play music, when the music stops you have to stand on a number and if they call your number, you get a cupcake. I can't remember what they called it." " A cake walk?" I said. "Yea how did you know?" What the? Doesn't EVERYONE know what a cake walk is? Apparently not!
And they had a parade
Now to Halloween night...
We had a great night, even though we were w/o gma and gpa. We had dinner at Cami's house and trick or treated her neighborhood.
I didn't ever get a great picture of all three of them together
Then we headed to our neighborhood and to check out this awesome haunted house put on by a family in our ward. It was totally pitch black and I couldn't even see if I was getting a good picture, not to mention if everyone was looking and smiling! (sorry Cam) This is the welcome committee to the haunted house. Pretty cool
After our bags were full and we were being rained on, we all went to my house for hot chocolate and donuts. It's been a great Halloween season and I am so looking forward to the rest of the holidays!!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

What a fun Halloween week. Funny, Paul didn't know what a cake walk was either. I had to describe it (while looking at him like he was from another planet). Cute kids. I love all the costumes.

Nicole said...

Fun pics! Hey, we just made our blog private so let me know what email address you use for your blog and I will send you and invite. nicolegratzinger@hotmail.com

Harmony said...

Looks like you guys had your fill or halloween activities! I love that your kids having coordinating costumes! Too cute!

Leslie said...

They all look sooooooo cute!!! What a fun week for them!! =)

heather said...

very cute!

Hayward Family said...

Could your kids be ANY CUTER?? Your parents are hilarious!