Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Softy

If you know John well, you know that the callus front is just that...A FRONT! If you don't know him, you need to know that he is a total softy. He puts on this insensitive face and does the tough guy act (in a nerdy way), but it's all so fake! He is the kindest, gentlest, most caring man, who wants only to serve and has very little thought for himself. He is a total cuddler and I am usually the one at night to break the cuddle lay (you know, the way they always show people sleeping on tv, but no real couple sleeps like that-John would sleep like that if I would). Anytime I am at arms length from him, he will reach out and touch me, just to touch me.
Even with all of that, I have been a little surprised at how easy-going he has been about me bringing 5 cats into our home to care for. He is way more protective of the kittens than I am (he just claims he doesn't want a dead cat on his hands). This morning when I got out of bed, I found John reading on the couch with a kitten in his lap. He said that Bailey brought it to him. Then tonight, I walk in the room to find him like this...
These were his exact words "I could tell it wanted to sleep on someone because it was cuddling with Addie" (but Addie had to go to bed) "So I just let it fall asleep here."
What a total and complete mushball!!!
How deeply I love this man.

7 comments:

Harmony said...

I am so not a cat person, but even I want to cuddle with that little kitty! They are too adorable. I bet your kids are just loving it!

SUMMER said...

That is too cute... I want to cuddle that kitten!

Janet said...

What a cute post, kitten and hubby!

Leslie said...

What a sweet story!!!! such cute picures!! I love it when kittens lay on you like that!!!

Shannon said...

That is adorable!

Cami said...

Oh man, you blew his cover! Way to go.

Trisha said...

What a cute post! The world needs more men like that.