Friday, October 3, 2008

Adoption vs Biological

As mentioned in my previous post, I was able to be close to my friend Bonnie through her infertility and adoption process. I have found so many similarities between her experience in adoption and mine in having biological children. I firmly believe that a mother's love is a mother's love, no matter how your baby comes, what age or color or gender. As mothers, Bonnie and I love our children without reserve and deeper than words can say.
Here are our experiences in comparison...
  • We both had surprises in the timing of our babies arrival (mine came sooner, hers came later)
  • We both spent many embarrassing hours in the doctors office
  • We both waited for our babies to come and answered many phone calls from friends and family saying "Anything yet?"
  • We both felt over-whelming and endless love when we brought our babies home
  • We both cried tears of joy brought on by looking into the sweet faces of our new babies
I'm thankful to Bonnie for allowing me to be a small part of her journey. It has softened my heart, showed me that God is in charge, and reminded me that I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!


Here I am as a first time mom. I think Austin is just a couple months old and I am in my early 20's
Here is Bonnie enjoying her new found happiness as a mother and helping Kate discover her new world
Check out that GORGEOUS dark, curly hair. We white girls can only dream of that!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What a sweet story about Bonnie and her husband. Almost had me in tears, it hits close to home...

Leslie said...

Such a sweet story!!!! love the picture of you and Austin when he was a baby!!! what a cutie!! I still think that little girl is just adorable!!!!!