Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome Welcome Katelyn!

My very dearest friend Bonnie Bennion Andrews and her sweet husband Joel just adopted a darling little girl from Guatemala. I feel so lucky to have been close to Bonnie through this process. She has shared her painand heartache of infertility with me. I feel like I grieved with her when the news came that she could never carry a baby of her own. Those tears seem so silly now that we are crying tears of joy for how she got a baby of her own. By a pure act of God, a perfect 16 month old girl was brought to thier home. They have given her an English name Katelyn Jean (not far from her Spanish name Katerin). She has been living in Guatemala with a foster family until about a week ago when she came to the United States. Bonnie and Joel found out on Saturday that she was theirs and they got her on Sunday. I was so thrilled to meet her today. She is so precious and unbelievably lucky to be raised by a couple of the most amazing people I know. Congrats Bon and Joel. I couldn't be happier. We love you Baby Kate!

So much love for this baby girl
I'm sure Bonnie hasn't stopped smiling for days
Mother and Daughter
She warmed up to Shelbie quick because she fed her a cupcake
She adored my dad because he spoke Spanish to her. She perked right up when he would talk to her and even gave him lots of besas (kisses).

3 comments:

Leslie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is the cutest little girl!!!!!!!!! what a lucky mom and dad she has!!! sounds like from what you said she is luck also to have such great parents. You know me and girls!!! sorta have a soft spot for them!! (HMMMMMMM wonder why?)ha!! I am so happy for them and sooooo jealous!! if I had TONS of money we would adopt a little girl NOW!! she is just precious.

Brittany said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. That little girl will bring them so much joy!

Janice said...

Such a sweet story! What a lucky little girl ...and parents. She is Beautiful. Your dad is so cute to speak to her in spanish...it probably makes her feel so special. Thanks for sharing such a tender story!