Sunday, September 7, 2008

5, 6, 7, 8...

This may come as a shock to some, but I was on the Timpanogos High School drill team. In light of my ten year high school reunion, I decided to put together a drill team reunion as well. It was so fun to catch up and see where everyone ended up. These girls have grown into beatuiful women with lovely families and successful lives. Thank you! Thank you ladies for coming and sharing your life (the good and the bad) with all of us. I sure miss those good times we had!
And here we are now! I need to work on my scanning skills so I can get some before pictures on here.
Courtney Hunter Moore (four kids-the winner of that contest and living in AF) Cherie Gleave (one cute little boy and the art teacher at Addie's school)
Lindsey Smith Fitch (pregnant with #3 and living in Spanish Fork) and Michelle Davis Hawkins (two kids and living in Orem)
Jamie Armstrong (newly married and dying to have a baby! Preparing for a body building competition) Julie Holt (our coach. Looking just like one of us, still! Three boys and drove all the way from Syracuse to be here) Tasha Keetch Tuaileva (married her high school sweetheart and just had her third baby)
Megan Olson Black (Two little boys and living in Sartoga Springs) Julie, Me
Jami Lewis Foote (two kids living in Texas while her husband is in chiropratic school), Tasha, Nicole Norton Gratzinger (working hard for a degree and a baby), Lindsey
Some of us with Tasha's new baby girl, Mya
Just chit-chattin'
Melissa Aaron Higley is the one in the black shirt that Lindsey is laying on. I didn't get a close up picture of her for some reason. She has two little girls, lives in Lehi and is still dancing a lot.
I did dinner and had everyone bring desserts. So we had a killer dessert bar!
I made these cute center pieces that I thought turned out rather well (left over flowers from the reception!)



15 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh it looks like your party went well. You are all so cute and look very appropriate drill team girls. (you can not have uglies out on the court dancing!!!) anyways cute flower arrangements too and I liked your wall behind your table I was looking for it in the pictures and I could see some. it turned out way cute. I was so bummed my window you made me with the wreath broke during our move. One of the only things too. lame. sorry long comment!

Brittany said...

Everyone looks so good! Oh, how I wish I could have been there! Thanks for posting pictures and updates on everyone. I'm sure everyone had a great time re-living some of our hilarious and fun memories of drill. Atten-Hut! You did have a Drill-Down Competition at the reunion...? Right! :)

Cami said...

Go T-Wolves! I love that you had the centerpieces in Timpangous colors!
Cute cute Addie in Austin's uniform! yes, you do have good looking athletes!

Nicole said...

Thank you so much for putting that together, Kim! It was so great to see everyone and remenice(sp?) So fun!!!

Cyndi said...

You party planner you. It looks like so much fun. It is amazing that so many still live close by. What a fun night. I love your green shirt.

Leslie said...

How cute and fun!!!!!!! such cute/pretty women!!! I love your shirt!!!!!!!! where did you get it? please don't tell me Ross! I went their about a week ago and they didn't have any that looked like that, cause I was looking for one like the brown one that you. Great center pieces!!!

Kurst said...

What a great idea Kim, it's so much better to have a quite place to visit with everyone then at a high school reunion. The floweres turned out so cute.

Morkthefied said...

I don't know which is more disturbing: being on the drill team or that you went to Timpanogos High. Ouch! Burn! Total jest. I love that you did that for your H.S. friends! I think I'd like to do something similar, but I haven't the guts. I'd be too afraid no one would show up. Ugh. Even though I'm over 30, I still care too much what the other kids think of me in school. Why do I gotta be such a Charlie Brown?

SUMMER said...

Great idea... all of you are so beautiful!!

Jami said...

Thank you so much for putting this together! I can't believe how great it was to see so many. What great memories. It's just too bad it took ten years to do it!

Trav and Linds said...

Thanks so much Kim for hosting the party and for the yummy dinner! It was so fun to get all together, I think we could have talked all night! We all definitely need to get together for lunch!

Hayward Family said...

hahaha!! That's so cute!! Looks like fun! I'm most interested in the desserts! hehe.. I miss you at class!! I'm sorry if my music offended you! ;) Love ya!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Kim, thank you so much for putting this together. You were such a great hostess. I want the recipe for the food you cooked. It was yummy. It was so good to get together with everyone. We had So much fun back in the days. We could have talked all night long. I wish everyone could have made it. We will have to make this a yearly thing. Thanks for all your hard work.

Jeanine said...

Everything looks like it turned out so nice....I miss you guys and am sad I couldn't make it. I hope we do another reunion before the next ten comes up!

Jolley's said...

I'm no drill team member...but still fun to see all the updates on everyone. Looks like it turned out great!