Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Day of Miracles

John's former mission companion,Ben Pike, FINALLY got married today! He and his new wife are 30 and Ben has been engaged several times before this. We weren't actually sure if he would go through with it. I kept saying "I won't believe it until I see the kiss over the alter."

This is us at the wedding breakfast before the sealing...
John and I getting ready to go into the temple
Then we sat in the sealing room for 30 minutes just waiting! I got more and more nervous with every minute, but they made it and I saw that beautiful kiss! I was a perfect day and we are so thrilled for Ben and his new wife, Emilee.
The reception was actually in our backyard. I totally spaced taking pictures! I am so mad. I will have to get some from the photographer and post them. It was very pretty though. I guess the Jonas Recaption Center is officially open for business!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Sooooo glad that the reception went good at you're beautiful home!!! I bet it was fun to do for them!! you all look great!!!!

Janice said...

Ha! That is so funny..I can see how you would be a little nervous about things after waiting so long...glad it all worked out though! Wow! Reception center? How fun! I would love to see pics of how it turned out, I am sure it was beautiful. I need to get up there for a visit before it gets too cold! I would love to see you and catch up. Miss you!

Cyndi said...

I am so happy for him....never too late. Where did you get John's pink tie? It is so long, or maybe it's the way he tied it. I am always looking for tall/long ties for Paul. I can't wait to see picture of the reception.

JEN MARX said...

I bet your backyard was PERFECT for the reception. BTW love the dress!

Karen said...

Kim--I found you! Cute family! Congrats on your new reception center!

Jolley's said...

I too am sooooo impressed! Glad it all went as planned. :) Can't wait to hear how the reception went.

EM said...

Coming from the bride, the day was PERFECT! John and Kim are amazingly generous and awesome hosts. I would hate to start something that they don't want, but their house was perfect for our reception. Thanks again you guys!