Saturday, September 4, 2010

Paris: Day One

September 3

8am Pull Addie off my arm with tears in both our eyes (Austin and Bailey are too excited to go to Gma Juju's to care). Leave for the airport


10am SLC to JFK (New york) with no bumps


7pm JFK to CDG (Paris). My mom slipped me an ambien before I left and I actually got a few hours in dreamland


8:30am (12:30 am to my body) Touch down in Paris, dump our bags at the hotel and head straight to the Lourve

Venus de MiloWinged Victory
Mona LisaYou should've seen her reaction to the frontside
After a few hours there, we all started to drag, so we checked into the hotel for afternoon naps.

Once napped and showered we visited Arc de TriomphWe teased Nicole about taking pictures with none of us in them, so she got in herself
View of Champs de Elysee (which I refer to as "the strip") from the top of Arc de Triomph
Eiffle Tower from the roof
After walking Champs de Elyees, we cut over to the Seine River for the rest of the (2 mile) walk home. (Metro? PAAASHAAA!) Effiel Tower from the Seine River
John is snoring next to me. I have got to get my sleep for more Metro ditching tomorrow.

3 comments:

Scott Jolley said...

Dang it...I didn't get to talk to you before you left.

And...yes, I am jealous.

And...I feel like I'm back in my Humanities 101 class--awesome.

And...yes, you probably do need to sleep rather than blog, but I'm glad you took the time to blog (keep it up!)

Dana DeLuca said...

Sooo excited to see you...
Have fun in Paris.

Leslie said...

WOW Paris??? how cool is that??? and NO KIDS!! :) baby making time!!! LOL the city of love! :) looks so beautiful there! I love your hair that light! really brightens up your face :) you look beautiful no matter what the color though.