Saturday, September 11, 2010

London: Day 1

I'm detoxing you from picture over-dose since not much was picture worthy on this day.

We took a train from Paris to London with just a small mishap. Our tickets said we arrive in London at 10:30, but we thought we left Paris at 10:30, so by the time we got to the train station, we'd missed our train. It wasn't a big deal. We just hopped on the next train. It actually worked out nicely because John had 30 Euros in his pocket that needed to be spent and I was put on that job. I found a chocolatier!

Once in London, I sent the group to the National Gallery (seen it) because laundry was my first priority. I found a laundromat just down the street from the hotel and had a classy lunch there while my undies washed.

We met back up with just enough time to cute-ify ourselves, grab a quick dinner and get to The Lion King. I saw Tarzan in New York a few years ago. It was cute. That's all. Just cute. I was totally expecting the same thing with this, but was totally blown away. It exceeded all my expectations! They followed the Disney movie almost exactly, but added a few songs and scenes that complimented and enhanced it so beautifully. Rafikki was flawless and hysterical. The costumes. props and scenery were pure perfection and totally amazing. This is a must see!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Fun trip! But I'm sorry you missed the National Gallery - my favorite painting ever is hanging there.

If you go again:

The Two Trinities by Bartolome Esteban Murillo

Monica said...

We took our kids to see that last weekend. They loved it! I really liked the bird. Rafikki was awesome to but ours was a girl, was yours? In the movie he's a boy. Cole said it was the best play he ever saw which is funny since it's the only one he's ever seen. Anyway hope you guys are having fun!