Monday, September 6, 2010

Paris: Day 3

Began, I'm not kidding, at a tour of the Paris sewer system. "No pictures?" you ask. Let me tell you again. A TOUR OF THE SEWER. It was stinky and nasty and uninteresting. Nicole and I speed walked through the whole tour (shirts over our noses) in about 15 minutes and decided to wait for our husbands up top, in the fresh air. And wait. And wait. 45 minutes later, they emerged bright eyed and passionate about what they had just witnessed. For the rest of the day John would stop at man holes and street grates to look down and tell us some "cool" fact he recalled from this tour. BLECK!
Then we moved on to Napolean's tomb. That is really truly where his body is laid! That outside coffin is one of 5, but his bod is in there. It's a beautiful building.

Behind my head is the tomb
We even got to see it from the lower level
Housed in the same building is the World War I and II museums, which are interesting and sad and informative and not stinky, but after an hour or so, the war and the heat wear on me (and Nicole) and we find ourselves running ahead to sit on a bench and wait for the husbands to catch up. At one point Nicole said to me "Why don't you go find another bench so I can lay down." That's when we decided we had to get out. We knew we were close to the Eiffel Tower (that was the next stop on the list) so we opted to go ahead of schedule.
We found a dreamy pastry shop on our way.
I got a cream puff the size of my head
And Nicole got a raspberry tart
Then we rested on the grass near the Eiffel Tower, sans shoes
and by rest, I mean took pictures of ourselves
Once back with the husbands, we climbed (in an elevator) the Tower
Maybe this is cliche, but this has been my very favorite part of Paris. The views were A-MA-ZING!
Then we went to the VERY top. Unbelievable!
So much so- Look what happened...
We stayed up there as the sun went down and got to watch the city light up
By the time we got back on solid ground, the Tower was twinkling. It made me feel like a little girl!
Doesn't this pic look like it was taken on a cruise ship or something and their faces superinposed?
It started to rain as we headed back to the hotel. It was all very romtaic movie-ish

See....
I told you...

4 comments:

Ali said...

Yay - you got a "kissing" picture! Gotta love Paris.

Ali said...

Yay - you got a "kissing" picture! Gotta love Paris.

Dana DeLuca said...

Glad to see you finally got your kissing picture. See you soon....

Leslie said...

Beautiful and amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what amazing views!!! :) soooo cute of you guys!