Saturday, September 11, 2010

London: Day 2

We tried to watch the changing of the guard in the morning, but it was so crowded that we couldn't see anything, so we skipped out and went to Westminster Abby. Last year when we were here we didn't go in, so I really wanted to. I love these old cathedrals. I'm so glad I talked John into it. We, of course, couldn't take any pics inside, but the outside is beautiful too.



If you walk from The Abby to Trafalgar Square, you get some great views of Big Ben, Parliament, and the Thames


And you can make a phone call

I love this picture Nicole took
After lunch in Trafalgar Square we went to the National Library which houses documents such as the Magna Carta, original, hand written notes of Beethoven and Da Vinci and John Lenon (GASP), and a 2nd century manuscript of the Gospel of John. The greatest thing about the library is there is a "treasures" room, so you don't have to go tromping through the whole darn thing to see what you want. After a week of this, I really appreciated that. Especially since we had to get back to the hotel...


to get ready...


for the evening...


of.....

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!
And here we are on the very front row. It was incredible. I felt like the whole performance was just for me and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.
I had to sneak a little chocolate into the theatre (my mom taught me nothin' but class!)
I was just in Heaven the whole time. I didn't want it to end. This is my all time favorite. Maybe we will fly the cast into Versailles for the wedding receptions to give us our own private performance. And maybe Raoul will sing "All I ask of you" just to me.

Although, I quite like the man I got to sit next to. Isn't he cute?
Before heading back to the hotel we spent a couple minutes in Picadilly Circus (London's Times Square)

Then we ate chocolate cake and ice cream on the bed. Right before bed. My scale is going to hate me, but that's back in real life and I'm not.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I have to just say that you look gorgeous and thin in every picture (well, except for maybe that one the other day where I was embarrassed to be your friend!) You look so happy, I love that you are having a great time.