Thursday, October 1, 2009

Language Barrier

One great thing about London is you get to experience a different culture without the hassles of a language barrier...we thought.
London is such a melting pot of people that many accents were hard to understand. And even though they are speaking the same language, they use words differently.
We got a kick out of this

(Watch your step)
(Bathrooms. This was especially funny to me since here in the US we go to many lengths not to use the word "toilet")

(Exit)
(Elevators)
Another good one I never had the opportunity to get a picture of
FLAT TO LET
(Apartment for rent)



2 comments:

Dana DeLuca said...

At least once a week I have to ask myself, "I am speaking English, aren't I?" Sometimes we just don't get each other.

Leslie said...

Very very interesting!!!! have fun with the language in Thailand!! LOL :)