Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Rest of Our London Trip

Our camera died the day before going home, so pictures are scarce and some are from John's phone, so quality is questionable.
Looking down any old street in London. I love all the old architecture.
Buckingham Palace
The fountain in front of Buckingham Palace (I hate being in pictures by myself. It's like when you trip and there's no one around to laugh with you, so you just feel stupid. You just need a buffer.)
So I have to brag for just a bit. I know it's super nerdy, but John is kind of a super star in his industry. The 3 guys he met with for dinner the night I went shopping had taken a train from 3 hours away just to meet with him. These two guys (pictured) also came from a few hours away to meet John. We had a very nice lunch together. The one on the right kept asking how I couldn't just be completely fascinated by John's work (he may have had to wake me up to ask me that- JK). This is the next day. John met with him in the morning (while I did a little more shopping) because this guy wanted to interview him. Afterwards they were taking pictures with John and saying "I can't wait to blog about this." I laugh and laugh because this is the man I watch roll on the floor with my kids and mow the lawn. I'm so proud of his hard work and brains though.
This is pizza with potatoes on it. Ok
A knight and horse in full armor. This is real armor of King Henry VIII.
Other highlights of our trip:
National Gallery. We saw originals from artists like Monet, Da Vinci, Rembrandt, etc. We're not deeply touched by things of this nature. In fact, as we were looking at one of the paintings by I don't remember who, John says to me "Cool. He's also a Ninja Turtle." Classy!
Picadilly Circus. This is London's Times Square. It really is a circus, but just a part of the city where the energy is always high and you can never be surprised by what you see.
China town. Is there one of these in every big city?
This trip was a true dream. I can't thank enough the people who took such kind care of my children so that John and I could remember that we are husband and wife, not just mom and dad, business man and maid. (Thanks Mom, Bonnie and Joel, Cami, and lots others who did lots of little things).
Now we are home for a week and leave for Thailand next Wednesday!!!

5 comments:

Devri said...

I'm so glad you had such a great trip! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures! Have a great trip to Thailand you lucky girl! :-)

heather said...

How fun. So what is in Thailand? What does John do? Can you tell it has been a long time since we actually knew anything about each others lives, crazy. Well when you stay in the states long enough we will have to catch up. Have fun and be safe.

Cami said...

Love all the pics. Especially the one of you by yourself not knowing what to do, so you held your own hand! haha
You are married to an amazing guy, and not just in his business.
And, I'm sure you heard by now about the mind the gap talk, funny that you had a pic of it too!
Can't wait to see you for all of a day before you are off again!

Nicole said...

I'm jealous. I want to go there some day. Looks like a fun trip! And congrats on your weight loss, that is awesome!

Leslie said...

What a great trip it sounds like you guys had!!!!!!!!!!! great pictures!!!! you look good as always!! man now you are off to Thailand???? crazy!! but how exciting!!!!! can't wait to see and hear about that trip too!!! :)