Sunday, October 11, 2009

Finally...Thailand Pictures

Our hotel has a little bird sanctuary. This funny little guys are simply labeled "pheasants" Playing the string game with Di

This is for my bro. Jonny
If you have used a bathroom at my house or heard John's testimony about his "bidet" type toilet, you will understand why we have a picture of a sprayer by the toilet in our hotel.
Our ride
Thai taxi...jam a bunch of people into the back of a truck and charge them $3 to get anywhere in the city. We're on our scooter following this group from the seminar to dinner.
Our second foot massage
The beaches are not my kind of beach. There's only about 20 feet of sand before the busy street and there's just no way you're going to get a sun tan with umbrellas set up like this. It costs you a $1 a day to rent a chair and an umbrella.
Lovers
For lunch we went to this restaurant where things go by on a conveyor belt, you just grab what you want and toss it into boiling broth in front of you to cook. It's all you can eat in an hour and 15 minutes. John tried lots of fun things. I am boring and didn't go for squid or oysters, but I did practice up on my chop stick skills since forks weren't available.
Have you seen this in the US? We saw it in London and expect to see it in LA and New York soon!!
John speaking. He did great and made lots of sales! I crept out half way through (I saw the whole thing in London) to go to the pool, but that got rained out, so I'm blogging in my bathing suit, watching a tropical storm.
Tomorrow we are off to the Philippines.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Love the pictures! Love them all! So, you really just need a kitchen sink sprayer by your toilet? That's a lot cheaper!
You look so great, as always. Glad you are living it up! Love you

Stacy said...

wow, where else are you going?! So... random question. I think you said that you made those flower clips you gave me/my girls. If you did, where did you find the flowers? I love that they are cute, and not too big. I can't find any cute flowers anywhere. If you didn't make them, where did you buy them? Thanks, and have fun!

Andrea J said...

Sounds like a really interesting trip. Who knew that John would grow up into such a nerdy rock star? I'm really glad that you guys get to take such great trips and that they're successful.

Jami said...

Wow, way cool!

Harmony said...

Soooooo jealous! You have to call me when you get home so we can get together and you can tell me all about it. I'm completely green with envy. (But I still love you. :)