Tuesday, October 20, 2009

For "Pete"

Do you know I'm talking to you?

In my jet lagged stupor late last night, I remembered something....
...John's employee "Pete" that I told you about in my last post told me that he reads my blog.

Since the rest of the story was so long, I left out unimportant details. One of them is that John had asked me not to use his employees real names. They are so valuable to him and his business and since my blog isn't private, he doesn't want their names to get out. He's scared of losing them!! So I used fake names. Sorry P! I didn't forget you already.

These are two stellar guys!
Even though you can't know their real names, you can know that they were two of the most polite and patient guys I've ever met. They hung with us through loooong car rides, interesting boat rides, some pretty scary moments. I would even ask them "Aren't you bored?" or "Isn't this lame?" But they still never complained!
Even though I made our time in the Philippines sound awful, I really enjoyed the beauty of the country and the people. Not one person was ever less than nice to me. Even when I thought I was being kidnapped, no one was ever mean or even rude.
And, YES!! We are still going back to spend a month there (and, yes, you are still coming Nicole)

No comments: