Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gma Marilynn's Birthday Party

This actually happened about a month ago, but it was the weekend before we left for London, so I just haven't gotten around to posting about it.
My Gpa Jerry threw this amazing party for his blushing bride's 80th birthday. (And when I say "Gpa Jerry" I mean he was the "founder of the feast" but as it goes in this family, the women really put their hearts into the details of pulling this off).
Gma Marilynn is my mom's mom. She had 5 children, 4 boys and my mom. My heart is full and my eyes are watery as I think of her and how to describe the woman, grandma, mother and wife that she is. She is STRONG, SMART, completely SELFLESS and DEDICATED. She truly is GRAND.
Since most of the family lives in Southern California, we were so grateful they were willing to travel and meet us (a little more than half way) in St. George.
We got in Friday afternoon and swam with cousins
Since Addie doesn't have any girl cousins, she LOVES to get together with MY cousins and their daughters. Haven is all girl and Addie adores her.
We had Pizza and Cafe Rio at the pool for dinner. Then we headed to The Tuachan, one of our favorite theatres, to see Annie! (a family favorite)
Reese is another favorite girl. Look at these cute babies!
Saturday morning we had a nice breakfast and a beautiful program for Grandma. I want to be just like her when I grow up!
The 3 generations
Most of the original Garlock Girls. There are 7 of us, 6 of which were there, we just took the picture after Amber Jo left (boo) and Cyndi was excused for being 8 months pregnant and in Mississippi (excused, but missed!)
Happy Birthday Gram!

6 comments:

Jonn & Judy Claybaugh said...

I have to stick up for us men. The women "did all the work," except for contacting everyone and figuring out dates that worked for everyone, then gathering everyone's wishes and commitments, arranging the hotel rooms and conference room, getting the show tickets, and getting all the info back out to everybody. (Besides that, the women did the rest.) Love ya! Dad

jenny said...

Okay so I always read your blog, but I've never left a comment - so here I am! How fun to spend time with the fam!

Valerie said...

I was there too! Don't forget about me! I was up packing when you took the pic. I make 8. I know I am old, but I am still an original Garlock Girl, maybe more like an antique! XO, Val

SUMMER said...

Haven asked the other day if Addie could come over for a playdate! LOL! I said "honey.. she lives in Utah" and then she got sad.

Leslie said...

Cute pictures!!! how fun to get together with so much family like that! I bet it was a fun weekend! and to be able to swim outside!!! :)

Let me tell you Kim I am no photographer! it's thanks to my camera and some photo editing that I do!! LOL :) I wish I was a better photographer!! it's deceiving!! LOL Thanks for the nice compliments!! :)

Cyndi said...

Thanks for missing me. It sounded so fun. A perfect quick family weekend.

I miss everything. Poor me.

Grams is the best.