Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Very Own Twilight Jacket

Confession time: I have read all 4 Twilight books. I like them. I don't love them. I was totally disappointed with Stephanie Meyer and the direction she took the books. After reading the first book, I had hoped it would be something that could guide young Mormon girls through teen relationships. Instead she okayed young women to sneak boys into their rooms at night, crumble into a corpse of a person when your boyfriend breaks up with you, tempt and beg him for sex (and expect him to say no), and then sacrifice your life and change all you are to be with him. All while you're still a teenager.
And for the record, I'm not obsessed with Edward. I actually think he's a little creepy!
How many friends have I just lost?
With that off my chest, I still love the jacket that Bella wore in the movie. I entered a contest to win one at http://www.chickdowntown.com/. I'm actually a very lucky person and win lots of drawings, so I had high hopes. I was so sad when I didn't win, so I just had to buy my own...
It came like this...
Merry Christmas to me!!
All the zippers and buttons were nicely protected.
Even cuter in person
Notice the nice tailored waist line.
Super model

(I did something funky to my camera and the pic turned out like this. If you know what's wrong please let me know)

FYI It also comes in green http://www.chickdowntown.com/viewproduct.asp?ID=147171

and white http://www.chickdowntown.com/viewproduct.asp?ID=147158

14 comments:

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

LOVE your new Jacket.
TOO CUTE.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

cute, do those sizes run small, my chest measures about 39 inches that puts me at about a size 14. crazy. yours fits you cute though.

Leslie said...

Cute!!!!! love it!!! I will have to look into that!! :) I never noticed till in that picture how much you look like your mom. Sorry I don't know what was wrong with your camera, looks ok to me. I know I have not seen you for a while!! it's been a crazy life over here!!! much drama at my boys school with finding out some pretty bad stuff that Alec's teacher physically abused HIM and quite a lot of other students last year, emotionally, and physically, so we have been dealing with that and doing all that we can to get her dismissed from school ASAP! and her teaching cradentials revoked!!! and we've all had turns with the flu!!!! :(

Dana DeLuca said...

That jacket will look great on the streets of London...

Unknown said...

Super cute jacket. I feel the same way about those books though. I own them, and I let my friend drag me to the midnight showing last year. Then I laughed at all the "wrong" times and wondered why so many girls are obsessed with a suicidal teenage girl and an obsessive, over-protective, and yes "creepy" eternally teenage boy.

Monica said...

The jacket is super cute! I don't think there is anything wrong with your camera. It looks to me like it was to dark so your camera automatically bumps up the ISO and makes it look that way.

Harmony said...

I realized that I was logged in as Jon when I wrote the comment. That was me, by the way. I don't think Jon feels quite as strongly as I do about Twilight. :)

Hayward Family said...

You are SO FUNNY!! hahaha.. I'm still your friend! ;) LOL.. WAY CUTE jacket! Looks so cute on you!

Cami said...

I didn't think I needed one until I saw it in white. Thanks a lot!

Morkthefied said...

Good analysis, Kim. Especially the part about tempting a guy to have sex with her, then expecting him to resist. I hadn't thought of that, but that's good. I wasn't a fan of Edward either. I'm guessing female writers have always sruggled with telling a good story verses giving false pretenses of what love is. Jane Austen maybe comes closest to getting it right. Can't say the same for the Bronte sisters. Probably lots more to discuss given the time and inclination. Cool jacket!

Sh'Nell said...

Thanks for your sharing your opinion. I agree with you Kim about being disappointed with the author's direction. I decided not to finish them. Way to be brave and speak out. So many people are obsessed with Twilight.

Charity said...

Oh My! Green Jacket? I love GREEN! I think i'm going to have to get one in green :P

I haven't seen you in awhile. Sounds like you're doing great!

Hope to see you sometime soon. :)

Jami said...

EXACTLY! That's what I told my mom after my 14 yr old sister read them. I couldn't believe her YW leader recommended them to her :( Even before they "do" anything their relationship is way too intense for any respectable high school age kids.

Super cute jacket!!

JEN MARX said...

Super cute! Love it!