Thursday, September 24, 2009

London: Day 2

The Tower Bridge (not to be confused with the London Bridge, which isn't falling down, by the way)


London Tower. We spent 3 hours in here. It was so great. We kept saying "Austin would love this!" We're such nerdy parents.



John LOVED the Henry VIII exhibit with all him armor and sporting goods. I was less interested in that part. Once I had my fill, I parked it on a bench and read through pamphlets. Didn't I just say that I'm nerdy?
But seriously, Austin would have loved this....
A London classic (I know what you're thinking "That twilight jacket is so perfect for a cloudy day in London," I know, right? Thanks. I'm loving it).
Then, of course, WICKED! It was so darling and fun. Costumes were beautiful and the story was perfect. Admittedly, I liked Phantom better, but still loved it.

I get such a kick out of the excess we insist on in the US. I saw these little ice cream cartons and had to get a picture. They are the same price as the ones at home, but ours are 4 times bigger and we consider them one serving.
Isn't it cute?


After the show we found a nice little restaurant with a seat by the window. We shared chocolate cake and watched the drunks stagger by...AHHH...Romance!



3 comments:

Dana DeLuca said...

Glad you are enjoying Jolly 'ol England. We will hook up next time.

Leslie said...

How fun!!!!!!! what a great experience!!!!! I would love to see wicked!!! looks like you guys are having a great time!!

Jessica said...

Love London! Looks like you had an amazing trip!