Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Week

As you know, I spent last week in Charlotte, NC with this sweet lady.
I had a such a blast getting to visit with Michelle, play with her cute kids and taking care of her house.
I got in late Friday night. I picked up the car that John had left at the airport that morning when he caught a flight to California (to speak at a seminar) and headed straight to my mom's house for the night, since that's where my kids were.
It was so so great to see them! We headed off to soccer games (pics on that later) and home to play and rest a bit. Austin made a water fountain (the squirt gun was part of the feature).
That night we met my parents for dinner then went to a 3D movie at the Dinosaur Museum.
Holy Cow, the kids were so funny. Austin was just completely enthralled. Addie would take her glasses off if anything ever got too close. Bailey bored easily and ended up walking the nearly empty theatre. At one point she was all the way at the other end and started yelling to me "MOM! MOM! I'M COMING!" I had to run and grab her and tell her she needed to whisper (a skill she has yet to master). She said to me "If I whisper you can't hear me." I couldn't argue with that and got a good laugh. When it was over, Austin told me he touched the elephant and "it felt like nothing."
John came home Sunday night and we FINALLY get to spend a couple weeks together as a family.
Monday Bailey disappeared and was found picking and eating from my strawberry plants.
I bought these "ornamental" strawberry plants (Fragaria) that I actually hate now, but they produce these tiny strawberries that the kids love to pick and eat.
The bloom is cute, but pretty insignificant. I'm going to replant them in the rockwall around the playset so they can spread in their invasive way and the kids can pick and eat as they please.
This is my effort to be a better blogger...and that was my week.

No comments: