Monday, July 13, 2009

Utah Symphony at Thanksgiving Point

I've been wanting to go to the symphony for a long time now. So when I saw that it was coming to the waterfall gardens at Thanksgiving Point, I thought it was a great chance. Plus, it sounded so romantic to listen to the symphony under the stars by the waterfalls, right?

Literally minutes after buying the tickets, I got a reminder email about fathers and sons the exact same night- DUH! I can't believe I forgot about that. With no refunds on the tickets and no desire to disappoint my 6 year old son (and the dad), I dragged along my great sister for a night of romance!


I took my little girls on a date for dinner, cupcakes and new Dora jammies beforehand. Then they got to play with Aunt Cara for the rest of the night


Aren't we a cute couple?

We had to have See's candy for intermission (and kettle corn during the show). It was all to wash down the cupcakes from after dinner.

We had a lot of fun people watching. Definitely something I couldn't have done with John!
We got a kick out of this middle age couple cuddling...UMM-hi...go home (You so know that's I would have been doing if I were with my hub- JK)

We also loved watching the two gay couples on a double date- AWK-WARD!

And here we are in front of the waterfalls...I promise

3 comments:

Andrea J said...

I like your hair cut, it looks good!

Brittany said...

We were there that night! I'm bummed I didn't see you!! The symphony was amazing...the snacks you enjoyed look even better though.

Dana DeLuca said...

I hope the middle-aged couple making out wasn't my parents. Mom said she saw you in the bathroom line. Small world, huh?!