Friday, July 17, 2009

My Flowers

My Hibiscus tree opened it's first bloom. It's a little late since this summer has been so wet and cool, so I was thrilled to see my "blushing bride." (This is a Rose of Sharon Hibiscus called the Blushing Bride because of the white bloom with the kiss of red in the middle. I'm totally in love!)


My Morning Glory is also showing it's prettier side as it climbs my topiaries. Unfortunately, this is an annual and as soon as it's really beautiful, it will die and I will have to rip it out. I'm going to plant a perennial in it's place in the fall. Still, so pretty for now.
And now that they are snail free, my petunias are perking up and filling out along my front steps.
I've even managed to keep the flowers on my front porch alive. This is seriously the first year I have ever done it!
YAY ME!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Your flowers are beautiful! It's so satisfying to work in your garden, isn't it? I love all your decorating! Thanks for sharing. The

Leslie said...

Your flowers look great!!!! I LOVE flowers!!!!!!! morning glory are one of my many favorites!!! it all looks really really good Kim!!!!

Harmony said...

I didn't know hibiscus flowers would grow here!! Mental note...I may have to put some of those in my yard. :) You have quite the green thumb.

Kelly Fam said...

I hope that green thumb has some genetic ability. We know how grams garden is.. that gives me hope. The rain either killed my flowers this year or made them grow like crazy (along with the weeds). Now that it is scorching hot my flowers don't know what the heck is going on, and some of them are dying again. Whatever....
I wish so bad we could grow Hibiscus.... it is one of my all time faves. I'll have to look into it.
Your flowers look awesome.
So sorry i'll miss your party. I'm sure it will be a blast.