Thursday, July 16, 2009

Craft Day

Remember two weeks ago my sister, Cami, did a craft day for us? This week it was my turn.
We made playdough volcanoes.
I like to buy the tins that are used at Cafe Rio because it keeps the mess contained.
I made homemade, no cook, playdough. It's equal parts salt and flour and half the water. For four volcanoes, I used 6 cups flour, 6 cups salt and 3 cups water. Mix and you're done.
Then for the eruption, it's just good old vinegar and baking soda. I also add a little dish soap to make it more bubbly!
Then we had marble races. I cut a pool noodle in half, had the kids make a start and finish line and flags, then let them race marbles down it.
They got creative and started the race in another noodle.

Then they got really creative. I don't know what they're even doing here.

A great time was had by all!

3 comments:

Cami said...

You are such a fun mom and aunt - thanks for always being so great with my kiddos. They love you guys!

Jami said...

Cool, very fun!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! You girls are way too cool of moms!!