Thursday, July 16, 2009

For Dana...

In my excitement from getting my screens back up, I forgot to throw in pictures of my new paint job. This post is for my dear friend Dana Deluca, because when Bailey was just a few months old and crying nonstop, I wanted to paint my front room wall. Dana's husband was in Iraq, so she was here visiting and was nice enough (or crazy enough) to help me tackle this painting project. With her 2 kids added to my 3 (who included a destructive 2 year old Adeline and a crying baby), she strapped Bailey in the Bjorn, chased the other 4 around while making dinner, so I could paint! I'm a lucky girl to have such great friends.
Here's my original paint job
It's kind of a teal green. It was fun for a while, but as I do with most things, I got sick of it soon enough. However, I didn't have Dana around to help and didn't have a good enough grip on my life until recently to redo it.
This is actually the paint over the paint over the paint. I did it a mint green a few weeks ago (sorry no pic) and looked at it for a while in every different light, hoping it would grow on me, but it didn't. It was seriously such a quick and easy project, that I wasn't scared to do it again! It only took about half a day and now it's a beautiful robin egg blue. I lowered the mirror a bit and put the iron flourish above, which I'm thinking is a nice touch.
Don't worry, Dana, I still have many projects I could use your help on, so please please come see me!!

5 comments:

Hayward Family said...

You are so creative!! You are HIRED when I get a house of my own someday! ;)

Monica said...

I love it all put together. It feels fresh for lack of a better word.

Dana DeLuca said...

Thanks for the shout out. I am no longer offended that you didn't come to see me... only three more years til we can work decorating magic together...

Mona said...

Thanks for your post on paint. I painted a bedroom "mint" and I have hated it ever since. I really don't think there is a true mint out there. Good call to change the color. Looks very nice.

JEN MARX said...

I love the new wall! Paint makes all the difference! Too bad I HATE to paint...otherwise I could have lots of cute projects!