Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Garlock Girls

My mom (who's maiden name is Garlock) is an only girl with 4 brothers. Between my mom and her brother's wives, they had 8 babies in 3 years! 7 of us were GIRLS!!! You can't imagine the fun we had growing up together. (As a side note...My grandma has spent hours standing in line to buy us Cabbage Patch Kids, making us porcelain dolls and quilts, and other fun girly things she does to serve us. She made my baptism dress and Adeline's blessing dress- out of my wedding dress- and I look forward to her making baptism dresses for my girls). I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing and beautiful women.
We were able to get together earlier this week at my Aunt Joann's house (my mom's brother Jay's wife) to say farewell to my cousin Scott who is going to Boise Idaho on his mission. I love Joann and visiting her house. She threw a great little party for Scott and it's always great to get, at least a few of us girls, together.

No comments: