Monday, April 20, 2009

Driving Under the Influence

When Austin was two weeks old, I was struggling to recover, but had to finish out that semester at (then) UVSC. I took two percocet and drove to school for a final.
I remember being so loopy and thinking "Driving like this shouldn't be legal." Guess what? IT'S NOT!!!!
I went to traffic school last week and learned that "driving under the influence" includes more than alcohol and illegal drugs. If you are driving under the influence of anything that compromises your judgement, prescription/nonprescription-legal/illegal, any of it can get you arrested and your license revoked. Did you know that? I HAD NO IDEA!!

6 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

unfortunately, I do know that. Working at the court we see a handful of DUI. Half of them are not alcohol related. Most of that half is Marijuana... but still, prescription drugs make you just as disoriented. I went on an ambulance call a couple years ago. It was a rollover and the girl was under the influence of prescription drugs. Anyway, Yes, I do have my two cents to say about that.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

traffic school huh? someone get a ticket??? or you probably had nothing better to do you wanted so study up on recent traffic laws, i bet that was it.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Ha Ha Ha you are so cute!! Traffic school hu??? I can't even drive when I take a lortab LOL I get SO out of it.

Hayward Family said...

WOW!! Traffic school? NICE! haha..

Janice said...

you are too funny! Isnt there a sticker on the bottle saying "do not drive..blah blah blah" ? Traffic school is a bummer... and so long too!!

Janet said...

Traffic school?!?:)