Thursday, March 20, 2008

To Have Joy and Rejoicing

Just a couple thoughts...
Around Utah I have hear people say "4 is the new 8" referring to the number of children Mormon women are having today.
My mom was telling me the other day that her good friend (Hi Janet) was noting that our generation is so great at savoring our children at their young ages.
My sister Cami recently did a very cute post about her 3 boys and the joy they bring to her.
I think that our generation is really taking seriously the commandment to "have joy and rejoicing in your posterity." This does make it so we don't take "multiply and replenish" as seriously, but it really gives us an advantage to love, nurture, and teach our children the very very best.
I adore my children more than I can even express. I cherish each moment and each stage. I am learning to celebrate their uniqueness and embrace them wholly. I love looking at your blogs and seeing the joy you have found in motherhood as well. It inspires me and gives me hope. Keep on having JOY AND REJOICING! Seriously, have you seen more precious children ever? They, unquestionably, are to die for!

(PS I must say...I don't notice a difference in the generations. I was fully cherished beyond measure by my parents. Their love for me, is truly, what has gotten me here. I knew I was of worth because I knew I was loved. That is all the world to me. By the way, my parents will still do ANYTHING on earth for me, even though I'm supposedly an adult)

2 comments:

Cami said...

I always love your posts! Thanks for bringing a tear to my eye today (Luckily, I haven't gotten my mascara on yet!) Your kiddos are to die for!

nanajan said...

What a wonderful happy post! Thanks for sharing . . . and mentioning ME!