Thursday, March 13, 2008

Embarassing Moment #...

...well there's too many to count.
I am so humiliated by this, but it's just too funny to not blog about.
This morning, in an effort to get a good workout, I got off the treadmill with only 15 minutes to get showered and ready to get my kids from school. I asked John (who was on a call) to hold Bailey for me, so I could take a fast shower. After my 2 minute shower, I didn't take the time to dry myself off. I figured I would multi-task and dry while I dressed Bailey. I ran up stairs to grab her and let John get back to work. He turned, looked at me with wide eyes and said "You better get out of here fast." At the same time, the guy he was on the phone with started laughing. I realized, he must be on a VIDEO phone call. I am completely NAKED! So I grab Bailey and book it out of there. In my blind dash, I run right into the door, which knocks me off my feet. There was no way I was getting up and walking out of there, so I just put my bum in the air and crawled to safety. To make matters
worse, John was on the phone with the guy who we will be spending a month with in Costa Rica this summer!
I thought I may have gotten away from him seeing the whole scene, but here's his view...






















I think he will be having nightmares tonight!

14 comments:

Devri said...

My husband and I had a good laugh reading your story. You poor girl! Hopefully you got a good laugh out of it too. :-)

Nicole said...

Kim- I am reading this in teh D.C. airport (our plane was canceled) and i am laughing so hard out loud! My husband wanted to know what was so funny so he read it and we are dying. That has to be one of the funniest stories I have ever heard... I think you are the winner for the most embarassing moment!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

Thanks for making me feel better about ANY of my embarrasing moments! All the girls in B's fam heard the story and we all got a good laugh. They are amazed that you ALWAYS have the best stories! Love ya!

bmhansen said...

wow, that's hilarious.

Andrea J said...

Umm, so crawling might have been a bad idea in the end eh? Wow- that is an excellent story and I'm glad to know that these things happen to other people too.

Cyndi said...

You win! This story really counts for an embarassing moment, not one of those silly, "oh I broke a nail" moments...true blue total embarassment. I am still laughing, I'm so glad you shared this. I am sorry and hopefully you didn't hurt yourself. You're great.

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

So tonight at dinner Dan asks, so have you talked to Kim yet today? After I told him we hadn't he said well have I got a story for you!!!! I was about to choke on my dinner I was laughing so hard. that is so embarrassing. It made me think of that Seinfeld episode where that lady walks in on George naked and he wants to get even. I guess you will have a month to do so...

Kelly Fam said...

Thanks for a good laugh! I think I had a tear run down my cheek because I was laughing so hard. I'm so glad you blogged about that... It makes the rest of us feel absurdly normal! Nothing in my life is that emBAREssing.. Oh wait, except the time I totally peed my pants in wal mart after I had josie!

Jay and JoAnn said...

You are not a relative of mine, anymore.
Former Uncle Jay

Tal gal said...

I am crying this is so stinkin' hilarious. You rock!

nanajan said...

Maybe a bathrobe for Easter?!? Very funny and you're brave to post!

The Boyles said...

Kim, I just happened upon your blog today from Cyndi's. I have to say I haven't laughed so hard by myself for a while. That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!
Katie

Ashleigh said...

this is ashleigh watkins from hs . . . anyway, i just had to say thank you for this moment. i just read it on michelle's blog and it has honestly made me laugh randomly over the last couple of days. so anyway, hi and thank you. . .