Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday GIGI

Today is my sweet Adeline's 3rd birthday. She was born March 27, 2005 at 8pm. We forced her into the world 5 weeks early because I had preclampsia. She was 5 lb. 11 oz. and 19 in. Since I was only in labor for 45 minutes, I didn't have time to get an epidural. OUCH! But she was so healthy and such an angel baby. I have love and adored her more and more each day of her life. Austin nick named her GIGI, which has just stuck, but her full name is Adeline April. I know it's different, but I think it's so pretty.
She is my mini-me (not only because she has bright blond hair that is slow coming). The only problem with that is her 3 year old personality is similar to my 14 year old personality! She is a ball of fire with her own mind. She loves to be a girl and loves to have her way. Life is never quiet or boring when she is around. She has brought us joy beyond measure.
Here are some pictures of her life and on her special day.

She woke up with pink eye, so I only took her to the last 15 minutes of school to share cupcakes with her friends. You can see the puffiness in her eyes. Tim and Shelbie got her a fake make-up set, complete with working blow dryer. She loves it and has not put it down all night. Here she is painting her toe nails with plastic polish
Mom and Dad got her a bike and a pink helmet. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with how well she can pedal already.
Gma JuJu and Papa took her to Build A Bear. She picked out a pink sparkly bear and a pick dress. Did I mention she is all girl?
When she was born, she was smaller than a baby doll! So sweet!
Crooked teeth, bald head and bright blue eyes. I love this girl!
She was ready to get in the bath and not willing to wait until mom had a second to get her undressed.
She is just so darling
I love this picture of her. She is beautiful. Those blue eyes melt my heart.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Addie!

Jeanine said...

I love that last picture...what a cute little diva!

Cami said...

We love Addie! She won't notice if we bring her present in a few weeks, will she? She was such a riot to talk to last night!

Janice said...

Happy Happy Birthday Adeline!!!!