Friday, March 28, 2008

Ode to Winter

Spring is nearly here and although I am excited to plant flowers and a garden, take the kids to the park and play paddle tennis in the backyard, I have to admit; I am a little sad to see winter go.
Here is my list of things I love about winter and will miss:
1. Hot chocolate with cool whip
2. Hot bath every night (and lots of mornings)
3. Cute boots
4. Snow is a great reason to stay home all day in your jammies with the fire on.
5. Hiding your not-so-flat belly behind bulky sweaters and big coats
6. Nice soft feet because they are in socks all day and protected from the elements
7. Bath time for the children is optional since they have been playing inside all day
8. Shaving once a month

Cross country skiing the Alpine Loop
Ice skating in our backyard
Seeing the lights at Temple Square
See, there are so many good things about winter! But HOORAY for Spring. We are so lucky to have seasons. What a testimony that God lives. And what a beautiful gift from Him.
WELCOME SPRING!!!

5 comments:

nanajan said...

I didn't know you went cross-country skiing?! Did you love it? You're right about spring, but when I woke up to snow this morning . . . Yeah! One more day of skiing!!!!

Jay and JoAnn said...

KIm,
I just caught up on your blog. I loved your pictures and comments about being a mom. There is no greater joy than in your posterity. Thanks for being such a great example. Love Ya1 JoAnn

Kelly Fam said...

Amen to all of that! Winter can definitely be a lot of fun.... Except sick kids. I love all of those things about winter too.

Hayward Family said...

HAHA! I love the ode to winter, was that done BEFORE or AFTER it snowed? hehe.. Whip out the hot chocolate sister!! Your kids are PRECIOUS!! I haven't gotten on FOREVER! Happy Birthday Gigi!! Can't wait to meet you!!

Ordyna Arena said...

You are right...I forgot about having to worry about keeping my legs shaved. Oh man, maybe winter can stay for one more week! Cross country skiing looks fun. We miss you!