Saturday, March 15, 2008

Max and Cheese Review


I went to the new kid's restaurant "Max and Cheese" on 1600 north in Orem over the weekend. I was a little disappointed. The food was great, but it was really expensive. It cost me $20 to feed Austin, Adeline and Myself. I had an asain wrap that was really yummy, but $8 and only came with chips (no drink). I got mac and cheese for Austin that was $3.99 and $1.99 to add a hot dog to it! And that's all it can with! No chips, fries, applesauce, fruit, drink, NOTHING else. For Adeline I got paid $4 for a grilled cheese ("girl cheese" as she calls it). The cheese was not melted a bit! Yuck!
Besides the food, they have a play area in the center. There is a 5 foot wall all the way around it with only small windows at the top. No food is allowed in the play area, so I couldn't eat with my friends and let the kids play, because I couldn't see them. When we finally finished eating and went to play, I realized it was just a large nursery. The "play area" was just a closed off area with puzzles, legos, and other various nursery type toys. We have toys of this nature at home, so it wasn't terribly exciting for the kids and not relaxing for me.
I think I will stick with $8 at McDonalds, where I can watch the kids run wild and chat with friends.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

BUMMER!!! Yeah it is expensive, but the toys were great for Bennett because he is so young. I am sorry to have led you astray!

Cyndi said...

Maybe Max & Cheese assumes parents will be so desperate to get their kids out of the house they will pay any price! They didn't fool you.

Who can really compete with McDonald's play area and dollar menu? I wish Wendy's would get with the program and have play areas...yeah, I don't think that will happen.