Monday, February 25, 2008

Winter Sandbox

We now have 9:00 church! HOORAY! It is so nice to let my kids get good naps. The only bad thing about it is that it can make for a long day. This is an activity that I just stumbled on. I had ground some wheat to make rolls and had lots of flour out that needed to be put away. Addie climbed onto the counter and started playing in the flour with a spoon. Once her hands were in it and Austin became interested, I figured it was all over anyway. So I divided it between two cookie sheets and gave each of them a set of measuring cup and spoons. They literally played like this for two hours! It did make a mess, but clean up was fairly quick and easy and totally worth all the entertainment it gave them and the quiet time it gave me!


2 comments:

Cyndi said...

Great activity! I love the picture of Addie all covered with flour in her underwear.

Cami said...

What a nice mom! I saw this with brown sugar once and thought it was a good idea, but I am not a nice mom and haven't let my kids try it out yet. Maybe next week with Austin here!