Thursday, February 7, 2008

When Moms Away, The Kids Will Play

Announcing a special guest blogger on Kimberly's blog: John (the nerd who she made fun of for years because he was a blogger) Jonas

I just thought I'd let everyone know what we're doing while she's gone. I didn't think she'd have internet access at her hotel, but apparently she does so she might see this while she's gone and come home to us!

It's 10:15. I just got the kids in bed. No brushing teeth tonight (I honestly tried, but I can't find their tooth brushes or tooth paste).

About 45 minutes ago this is what we were doing:






First we made a mess with the magnetics










Then, Addie ate a knife.












After Austin attacked Addie with another knife, the sword fighting began.



Then Austin stabbed me in the heart and killed me (but just pretend) and that was the end of the sword fighting.




Then Addie got a hold of the camera and took this video:





She took a few others, but they were too big to upload.

While attempting to find their tooth brushes, Austin apparently got some cheese out of the fridge, because he came upstairs with a mouth overflowing with cheese (he couldn't even begin to talk because he was dropping cheese pieces out of his mouth).

All in a nights work.

5 comments:

Kim said...

The toothbrushes are in Addie's bag...she was packing with mom!
Just as long as it's clean when I get home! Thanks for giving me a little break!
Love you guys!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

that is hilarious!!! Glad kim gets some fun

Jolley's said...

So "dad" typical...nice John. :) Looks like everyone was having fun though--hilarious!
-M

Cyndi said...

What a great husband! I am now curious to hear about Kim's weekend. What did she do? Where did she go? I think this is a fabulous idea.

Tal gal said...

I too want to hear about the weekend get away.. I want one of those! This is a crack up.