Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy 30th John!

Sunday, February 24, 2008. John Michael Jonas turned 30! Welcome to a new decade in life! John and I have known each other for 8 years now. When I first met John, my first impression was "I have never met anyone like him." He's thoughts and ideas were new to me. We were total opposites and it was all so interesting and unexpected. Here are some things I love about him.
*He is painfully honest. That is something that has tagged him as being "tactless" or even offensive, but he never does anything maliciously. I have grown to depend on his honesty. I ALWAYS know the truth about his work, the bills, the kids, my hair (haha), his testimony and any other feelings. I love knowing that I know the truth.
*He is nonjudgemental. He is never critical of me. He thinks I'm beautiful whether I am dressed up to go out, 8 months pregnant, just out of bed in the morning, or on the treadmill. He never judges another on their apperance and hates to gossip.
*He is dedicated. Regardless of how he was raised, he is faithfully dedicated to the church. He has an unwavering testimony of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and the Book or Mormon. I never have to drag him to church, FHE, or family scripture study and prayer. He motivates me to keep up on food storage. He wants to be 100% obedient.
*He adores our children more than life itself. When I was pregnant with Austin, I read and heard all about "a mother's love." I was scared that I would love the baby more than John would and he might be resentful. Boy, was I wrong! When we got him home from the hospital we sat on the couch with him and cried because we were overjoyed! We fight over who gets to change diapers because if you change the diaper, you get the baby. I had to make a rule that he has to kiss me as much as he kisses the kids because I will be holding one of them and he will come and lean in for a kiss. When I lean back, I get nothing, because he is leaning to kiss the child.
I could go on and on, but can't be boring you!
John, I love you deeply. I am so thankful you have chosen me to be with for eternity. I am in endless awe of YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


6 comments:

Cyndi said...

What a nice post. Happy Birthday John! I love hearing about all the things you love about him. You guys are a great example of true love. (Ok, that sounded super dorky)

Jolley's said...

I guess I'm finally used to the fact that you two got married...:) Just kidding. John really is a great guy! Happy birthday!

Cami said...

We love John for all those reasons too! Welcome to the 30's! I will soon be joining!

Hayward Family said...

That was so precious! Thanks for sharing history on your husband with us, I've never met him, but I look forward to it! :) Happy Birthday!

Andrea J said...

What a nice post - happy birthday John!

nanajan said...

What a tender tribute to your sweetie! Thanks for sharing.