Monday, November 30, 2009

Things that will get me through this winter

Of course, a hot bath nearly every night (wish my tub looked like that)
OK, so I've always been against these boots until I bought some knock-offs from Costco for $30. They are so warm and comfy. I am madly in love. I wear them everywhere casual. I do have two promises for you...1. I will never wear these over my pants and 2. I will never wear these with a skirt.


Yes, I am on the acne medication Accutane. I realize I am almost 30 and taking a teenagers pill, but I deserve clear skin before I get wrinkles, right? So now, on those extra snowy days when I don't want to leave the house, I won't feel the need to put on make up anyway, just to cover up my face. Plus, with the extra dry weather, I can put on any lotion I want and not be stressed that it will make me break out.
After a summer of sun dried and bleached hair, I needed a little healing. I grabbed this Pantene Restoratives at the grocery store and am loving it. I seriously notice a huge difference. It's super cheap too, like less than $5.
I've been scared to put this out there, but here it is. I am doing P90X. Please don't react like my brother did (YOU?!?!?!) Yes, ME! Since I can't run outside anymore and I just can't do the treadmill everyday, this is it. I wake up at 7am each morning to tone up! I did take before pictures, but don't count on them showing up on here.
Since fresh fruits and vegetables are hard to come across these days, this is my favorite way to get a serving of both at breakfast. I throw a handful of spinach into the blender with whatever fruit I have in my house (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, cantaloupe, pineapple), any kind of juice, and maybe some yogurt. Blend it up and I have a yummy smoothie with fruit and vegetables!
YUM!
Oh, and thoughts of spending March here...

The fourth building from the left, on the ground floor is ours- poolside! HOLLA!

4 comments:

Holly said...

All of those are great! I LOVE the P90X. I did it twice. The key is sticking to the diet and you'll get major results. Good luck!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

You are too cute!! I love it, way to go on the p90x... I lasted 2 weeks:) I am getting back on it today!! It was good seeing you at the mall:)

Leslie said...

These are all great!! I need to go check them all out!!!! the boots and this p90x? not familiar with it. You look great Kim, you are to hard on yourself, I would KILL to look as good as you do. Keep up the hard work! :)

Morkthefied said...

I can't wait until I can get back on Accutane again. It seriously changed my life. I love that pill. I've also done the Power 90, which is the older version that I have. I liked it a lot more than yoga.